No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. vs. Hasim Rahman.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phallus View Post
    i think so too, rahman was a one handed fighter most of the time, i don't remember him throwing many combinations and he was fairly slow. rahman wasn't faster than ruiz, i can see RJJ avoiding his punches. so long as roy keeps away from the straight right hand he could win a majority decision against rahman. rahman was outboxed by fighters that weren't as good as jones
    I remember the job that James Toney was doing on, and that was a fat, way past his best Toney.

Comment

Jones would have beat him without much effort.

Hasim Rahman was garbage and possibly the worst lineal HW champion of all-time. He had good power, but nothing else.

He's not even John Ruiz level.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        What if RJJ moved up to fight Rahman after he upset Lewis in 2001? Could Jones become Heavyweight Champion of the World?
        Yes. Rahman was garbage. Fools last name is noodle soup nahmean?

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
          Yes. Rahman was garbage. Fools last name is noodle soup nahmean?
          The only guy who couldn't solve that Rahman puzzle was poor Tua. He had a crap load of issues with Rahman in every fight.

Comment

Was Rahman the guy that also got knocked through the ropes in an HBO fight? I remember flipping to a fight like that years ago just as he got knocked down.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Was Rahman the guy that also got knocked through the ropes in an HBO fight? I remember flipping to a fight like that years ago just as he got knocked down.
              Yes, when he fought Oleg Maskaev the first time and he was way up on the cards. Maskaev then knocked him out in the rematch for WBC title.

Comment

Rahman, Ruiz, this group was not as skilled as the guys in the 80's. But they had a few moves.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Rahman, Ruiz, this group was not as skilled as the guys in the 80's. But they had a few moves.
                  Rahman vs. Ruiz - another Ruiz fight I would like to forget.

Comment

Roy would have beat him, he would have seen everything coming from Rahman. He was on point against Ruiz and I assure you he already knew the fight was won in the dressing room. He would have been hyper vigilant against Rahman, people can talk all the **** they want to about Rahman, he was a legit threat to anyone at that time. Roy would have UDed him in any case maybe rocking him at some point but there would have been zero chances taken.

Thinking about it now it probably would have been somewhat boring.
                    Last edited by Sun_Tzu; 01-16-2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X