Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad is moving on. Expects Fury to be stripped by sanctioning bodies.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole thing has been a farce. You've got to feel for Wlad, even though I didn't want to see a rematch.

Comment

just when HW boxing was getting good again wlad comes back in the picture

Comment

Glad to hear Wlad is moving on. Not a huge fan of him or Fury and I didn't care much who won the first time and really didn't have any desire for a rematch (although I was fine with Wlad getting one since he had such a long reign). But I feel bad for him wasting time like this on Fury when he probably doesn't have much time left in his career. It's clear Fury is to blame here and should be stripped of his belts. He's been a disgraceful champ, not because he's fat, not because he runs his mouth, but because he keeps finding a reason to delay the fight and shows no real desire to get back in the ring anytime soon. I didn't follow his steroid allegations scandal too closely so I honestly can't comment too critically there, but even being tied to something like that isn't a good look for a champion.

Hope we see Wlad in with Wilder and AJ soon before he slows down too much.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Yeah he fights boring and I'm not really a fan of his but won't it be better for the sport if Wilder or Fury beat him before he retires.

Passing of the torch in the ring is great for the sport in my opinion.

Even if it backfires (Floyd/Canelo) it would just make Wlad's legacy more impressive the way it does Floyd's.

Comment

in a way I am sad that boxing fans had to go through this entire thing. but in a way i am very happy it's over. this fight didn't even warrant a rematch in the first place.

we need new fights in the heavyweight division not old recycled ones.

wlad needs to fight joshua, ortiz, wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              He won't have the belts this time though and won't be lineal champ, I think I'm right in saying that the maximum number of belts he can fight for in his next bout is 1.

There are some bangers he'll have to get through if he wants to get them back, in Joshua, Wilder and potentially Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                Sucks for Wlad. Was robbed of a chance for redemption.
                He should have had better beaten Fury in the first place...

Comment

Fury doesn't want to fight so he should be stripped.

Comment

Working...
                  X