No announcement yet.

Ward vs Pascal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward vs Pascal

Pascal knocked down Hopkins, who's likely stronger at the weight than Ward would be... And he's also a little more athletic than most opponents Ward has faced so far

Who u got?
    Ward Dec
    90.91%
    Ward KO
    4.55%
    Pascal Dec
    0.00%
    Pascal KO
    4.55%

I take ward he's got more then one game he's showed more ring iQ then pascal nd he's used to being in the big stage so he won't freeze up like Dawson did.
    I mean he lost to froch who is no slouch but lost a wide ud to ward if he can't out think froch he won't out think ward.

Comment

Stylewise Pascal would give Ward a lot of problems but my money is on Ward. I would love to see this fight someday if both guys keep winning.

Comment

Good fight. Tough to pick a winner (we can't rely on triangle theories for this one).

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          I take ward he's got more then one game he's showed more ring iQ then pascal nd he's used to being in the big stage so he won't freeze up like Dawson did.
          I mean he lost to froch who is no slouch but lost a wide ud to ward if he can't out think froch he won't out think ward.
          Pascal didn't try to out-think Froch, he tried to brawl with him. Fought the wrong fight but was still very competitive in defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Pascal didn't try to out-think Froch, he tried to brawl with him. Fought the wrong fight but was still very competitive in defeat.
            You can out think someone while brawling so that's no excuse.

I don't get where y'all think pascal causes problems for ward?

Comment

ill let you know after i see Ward fight someone who isn't as slow as molasses.

Comment

i'm gonna pick ward in this.

pascal has some major stamina problems sometimes, i dont think his conditioning is a problem as much as his style. he doesn't really have a relxed style in the ring, he carries alot of tension imo.

i think ward's inside game and body shots would really take alot out of pascal and I think he would finish this fight very strongly. however pascal could have some success early on in the fight.

Comment

I voted Ward on points. He just seems to good for Pascal. I think his defense is to good for Pascal to score much with his fast, hard, wild, telegraghed punches. Pascal's punch output per round is very low.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                    Pascal knocked down Hopkins, who's likely stronger at the weight than Ward would be... And he's also a little more athletic than most opponents Ward has faced so far

Who u got?
                    I don't think Pascal is more athletic in the ring than Carl Froch, but Pascal is definitely more powerful. Aside from Pascal natural power, he lacks a lot of boxing skill: offensive and defensive footwork, inability to give away from the jab, and leaves himself open at times. He's a muscular fighter so his arms get heavy after about round 6 or 7 which causes him to fight in spurts. Ward has a lot of advantages skill wise. Ward also has the ability to make a fight look ugly by crowding powerful punchers. I would expect Ward to crowd Pascal so he can't get off clean.

I go with Ward by decision...of course there's always a punchers chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X