Collapse
No announcement yet.

HORUS PRESENTS: Promoters who don’t PROMOTE, and Fighters who don’t FIGHT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Horus... always making things more complicated than they really are while missing the point completely in a vain attempt to sound smarter than he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
      Chorus

Horus Chorus....that'll work!
      I am thinking about making my last name "Presents"

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post
        Poor Horus... always making things more complicated than they really are while missing the point completely in a vain attempt to sound smarter than he really is.

Lol, ok jack how about you make it uncomplicated and make a point!
        Last edited by Horus; 08-13-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I've been saying Shaw is a lazy promoter who piggy backs off of other promoters hared work. Now n days all he is reduced to is calling other promoters "scared" in an attempt to get fights.

Arum....promotes his @ss off
          Sauerland....promotes his @ss off
          GBP....promotes their @ss off
          Warren....promotes his @ss off

Then you turn around as see talented fighters like Bradley, Dawson and Dirrell had no buzz. Dirrell does now, only because of the super 6, but if weren't for that he would be in the same boat as all his other fighters.

Not only that, as exciting of a fighter Angulo is, his buzz should be way bigger than it is in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
            I've been saying Shaw is a lazy promoter who piggy backs off of other promoters hared work. Now n days all he is reduced to is calling other promoters "scared" in an attempt to get fights.

Arum....promotes his @ss off
            Sauerland....promotes his @ss off
            GBP....promotes their @ss off
            Warren....promotes his @ss off

Then you turn around as see talented fighters like Bradley, Dawson and Dirrell had no buzz. Dirrell does now, only because of the super 6, but if weren't for that he would be in the same boat as all his other fighters.

Not only that, as exciting of a fighter Angulo is, his buzz should be way bigger than it is in boxing.
            IMO, they should all leave Shaw or demand he take a lesser split of their money because he is not promoting them, he is on taking there money and getting them fights. Bradley Should go to Golden Boy.
            Dawson go to Frank Warren, and Dirrell go to GBP... this **** is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              and people can say what they want about bob arum but the man does know how to promote and he's very good at building young talent into stars.

Too much in house fighting with him though as of late.
              I'm sure this will change once Floyd leaves GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                IMO, they should all leave Shaw or demand he take a lesser split of their money because he is not promoting them, he is on taking there money and getting them fights. Bradley Should go to Golden Boy.
                Dawson go to Frank Warren, and Dirrell go to GBP... this **** is a joke.
                Honestly Horus, as much as people hate In house fights, I don't blame GBP and Top Rank. Think about his for a second; If you and me are working on a project and I'm not pulling my weight, what is the first thing you would try to do? More than likely tell me to go fvkk myself and work on it by yourself.

Same **** with these promoters. GBP and Top Rank work their @ss off building these guys up, spending tons or money and actually working to make these guys attractions in boxing. Then you have a guy like Shaw who thinks he can sit on his @ss and enjoy the benefits of all that hard work while not doing **** himself.

Most people don't like to hear this, but this is the reality of the situation and until other promoters can work hard like GBP and Top Rank, then they will continue to do in-house fights and fights between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
                  Honestly Horus, as much as people hate In house fights, I don't blame GBP and Top Rank. Think about his for a second; If you and me are working on a project and I'm not pulling my weight, what is the first thing you would try to do? More than likely tell me to go fvkk myself and work on it by yourself.

Same **** with these promoters. GBP and Top Rank work their @ss off building these guys up, spending tons or money and actually working to make these guys attractions in boxing. Then you have a guy like Shaw who thinks he can sit on his @ss and enjoy the benefits of all that hard work while not doing **** himself.

Most people don't like to hear this, but this is the reality of the situation and until other promoters can work hard like GBP and Top Rank, then they will continue to do in-house fights and fights between the two.
                  Honestly your logic and reasoning makes perfect sense because both Bob Arum and Richard have admitted thats why they are doing in house fights.
                  But this is really killing boxing as a sport. Because Promoters like Shaw and DIbell arent really promoteers in my opinion they are more like agents, and they promoters like Arum and GBP who actually promotes fighters do not want to deal with them because it is like you said they are basically only bringing napkins to the dinner party in which Top Rank and GBP are fronting the bill on everything else. But in GBP defense they do at else work with other promoters recently.

Comment

Working...
                  X