No announcement yet.

Discussion: Ortiz and Khan are destined to fight eachother

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion: Ortiz and Khan are destined to fight eachother

In my opinnion both of these fighters are heading towards the same dirrection in their careers...but the only difference is that when Ortiz takes one step ahead of Khan he takes another two steps back somewhere along the way...Both of these guys lost embarasing losses and one of them (Ortiz) is in the road to redemption, and unlike Khan he doesn't seem able to shake it off...He looks the same physically, but mentally he doesn't want to take the same risk which made him "Vicious"...I'm not a big fan of Khan for some reason he just hasn't baught me out...but I won't lie he does have some skill and decent speed...but I am still not convinced he is an A class fighter...I see him as a C class fighter...and I rate Ortiz in the same category but Ortiz has baught me out as fan since he destroyed Carlos Mausa in a first round KO...His power is similar to Maidana's but with boxing skills...Unlike Maidana Ortiz doesn't have to loop punches to add power...Khan in the other hand has blinding speed and has an amazing outside game...Now we have seen Ortiz been able to take on taller/lankier fighters like Mausa and Resto...he is able to find gaps and throw short punches...so what does this mean? If Ortiz and Khan ever met in the ring it would be a match up between Khan's long range accurate punches vs Ortiz' short range accurate punches...Khan's speed vs Ortiz' strength...Chin vs Heart; which to me is what has exposed these two fighters...I think that since Golden Boy has signed Khan there will be more of a rivalry between these two fighters...they will be put in the same cards or they will fight around the same quarter of the year and they will try to out do one another...On May 15th we will see them on the same night and we will see who looks more convincing...it's almost like a de la hoya and mosley rivalry...Both of these guys are going to fight their way to be the Golden Boy throne...It's only a matter of time...I think these two guys are going to collect all the JWW belts and then fight eachother at the end...That's what I believe GBP's plan is...Any thoughts?

BUMP

Comment

Ortiz can go f**k himself. He's trying to be this great new mexican boxer but no real mexican warrior would ever quit. That's the only reason I don't like him at all. Que se vaya a la verga ese puto por tratar de aparentar que es un guerrero mexicano.

Comment

Based on their latest performances, its pretty safe to say that Khan's speed is too much for Ortiz, who was getting hit by a rather crude Maidana. There are better fights for him at the LWW division, such as Bradley or he could try to prove that he has more chin than advertised by fighting Valero.

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
          Ortiz can go f**k himself. He's trying to be this great new mexican boxer but no real mexican warrior would ever quit. That's the only reason I don't like him at all. Que se vaya a la verga ese puto por tratar de aparentar que es un guerrero mexicano.
          If you just watch boxing just to see blood and not appreciate the skill and training behind it then you're not a real fan...boxers are athletes not warriors...boxing is a sport and if you're just blood thirsty then youre just sick..oh and didnt morales quit on pacuiao? Lol exactly

Comment

What does morales have to do with what I said? What are you trying to offend me? Haha funny man. Ortiz thought that he could easily achieve all the fame and money without suffering for it first? For him to say he doesn't deserve to get beat up like that and be in BOXING? Come on man. What the f**k does blood have to do with anything? Did marquez quit after being knocked down 3 times? No of course not. The problem I have is that Ortiz shouldn't be saying he's the next great mexican warrior, Or wave around a mexican flag in his ring entrance when he's in fact more american than mexican.

Comment

Saw this post, and definitely caught my interest.
              Look, both Ortiz and Khan are good. Ive had my thoughts about them about a year before where they are today. EVERYONE thought that Ortiz would have been the World Champion now, While Khan was written off as a mere journeyman. I still believe that Ortiz and Khan are destined for great things, but they MUST build themselves up again. I know for a fact that Ortiz couldve defeated Urango had he gotten the title shot first, but i guess Alexander has no mandatory and got him. I wouldn't mind seeing Ortiz fight the winner of that match anyway. Khan on the other hand, i am 100 percent sure that he will fight Bradley later on this year. And i know people know this. Your right, these two are on a collision course. We will probably see them in Las Vegas one day hopefully, against each other. But, as of right now, i have to say Khan is improving faster. As you stated earlier, depending on their performances on May 15th, we shall see who is improving.

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
                No mames. No seas mamon, buey...:wank:

Oh....and if Khan and Ortiz are destined to fight, Khan is destined for a quick canvas nap.
                Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 03-01-2010, 05:43 AM.

Comment

seems like GBP is trying to build this up fight up

a similar thing like that is happening with Angulo/Kirkland and Gamboa/Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                    If you just watch boxing just to see blood and not appreciate the skill and training behind it then you're not a real fan...boxers are athletes not warriors...boxing is a sport and if you're just blood thirsty then youre just sick..oh and didnt morales quit on pacuiao? Lol exactly
                    What Morales did was way far from what Ortiz did...
                    like apple against orange..

Comment

Working...
                    X