Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gamboa vs broner. who you got, how and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
    The way you are calling him by his first name, it's like you're "soning" him.. I will bet internet access (not points or karma) that Broner beats Gamboa and easy. I am a Gamboa fan, but no way..
    I think the same but in gamboa's favor..

Comment

Broner is the future of Boxing, how the hell could Gamboa deal with that? lol

Comment

Gamboa is @130 and Broner is @135. I don't see this fight happening tbh. I predict that Broner will travel to @140 by the end of 2013.

Comment

Broner had a hard time with Ponce De Leon, a slow come-forward slugger. He's supposed to handle the ultra-fast, hard punching "Ciclon"? We're not talking about styles here, and I'm not touting triangle theories. Yuri is levels above someone like Daniel. Gamboa is at least as fast as Adrien. What's Broner gonna do, shoulder roll the night away against Yuri? It won't work. It'll result in a UD for Gamboa. And if Adrien couldn't potshot Ponce to death, it's not likely to happen against Yuri.

This fight may never happen. But if it did, Adrien wouldn't have any kind of advantage except for size against Gamboa. That's just not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Broner had a hard time with Ponce De Leon, a slow come-forward slugger. He's supposed to handle the ultra-fast, hard punching "Ciclon"? We're not talking about styles here, and I'm not touting triangle theories. Yuri is levels above someone like Daniel. Gamboa is at least as fast as Adrien. What's Broner gonna do, shoulder roll the night away against Yuri? It won't work. It'll result in a UD for Gamboa. And if Adrien couldn't potshot Ponce to death, it's not likely to happen against Yuri.

This fight may never happen. But if it did, Adrien wouldn't have any kind of advantage except for size against Gamboa. That's just not enough.
            I agree 100 %

Comment

Damn I hope this happens next year.

Have Broner fight DeMarco in November, Burns in February/March, and than someone like Bogere/Abril in the summer.

Have Gamboa fight Beltran in December, than Salgado in the Spring. Than fight Vazquez/Gesta in the summer.

Broner-Gamboa in Late 2012 in a huge fight.

We'll see. Gamboa needs to prove he hasn't slipped any since his last fight, and how he handles higher weights at 130 and 135. And Broner needs to prove he's really improved since the Ponce fight in early 2011 and show he can fight at 135 and retain his power.

If Gamboa translates to 135 and if Broner really has improved since Ponce (we should find out against DeMarco), it's a close fight that I'd favor Gamboa in slightly. But Broner has the power to really hurt Gamboa, who flies around off balance from time to time, and has the speed to catch him as well. But at the same time, Gamboa has the angles and movement to get off first against Broner, and could potentially keep Broner on the defensive the whole fight, resulting in a decision win for him.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 11-01-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

BRONER WOULD CATCH GAMBOA JUMPING IN WITH THOSE SHORT ARMS AND knock him the phuck out! Gamboa is very agressive and reckless that is why hes been hurt and on the canvis so many times by bum fighters. Even though he got up to ko most of them that put him on the mat, the fact remains that he is an aggressive two fisted attack machine filled with holes. It is also a fact that Broner is an acurate puncher that lands with leaverge and power. It is also a fact that broner uses a good stiff hard snapping jab.That jab will keep Gamboa at a distance forcing him to leap in and out, Broner will time his leaps and end the fight with either a clean thudding left hook, or a killer twisting over hand right.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Damn I hope this happens next year.

Have Broner fight DeMarco in November, Burns in February/March, and than someone like Bogere/Abril in the summer.

Have Gamboa fight Beltran in December, than Salgado in the Spring. Than fight Vazquez/Gesta in the summer.

Broner-Gamboa in Late 2012 in a huge fight.

We'll see. Gamboa needs to prove he hasn't slipped any since his last fight, and how he handles higher weights at 130 and 135. And Broner needs to prove he's really improved since the Ponce fight in early 2011 and show he can fight at 135 and retain his power.

If Gamboa translates to 135 and if Broner really has improved since Ponce (we should find out against DeMarco), it's a close fight that I'd favor Gamboa in slightly. But Broner has the power to really hurt Gamboa, who flies around off balance from time to time, and has the jspeed to catch him as well. But at the same time, Gamboa has the angles and movement to get off first against Broner, and could potentially keep Broner on the defensive the whole fight, resulting in a decision win for him.
                  For those of you that are wondering if Broner has improved after fighting ponce de leon, just rewatch the fight Broner had with him. BRONER IMPROVED IN THAT SAME FIGHT.Broner struggle in the first half of the fight, most inexperinced orthordox fighters do when facing a southpaw for the first time. In the second half of the fight Broner figured Out his distance and angles and then ponce DE LEON couldnt do anything but get hit. Broner had him missing and backing up. Broner was also hurting him. There is no doubt in my mind that if they were to rematch three months after that fight, Broner would have stopped him. You dont hear ponce Asking for a rematch, that is usually a red flag that means he had enough. Again look for Broner to beat the hell out of Demarco before stopping him.
                  Last edited by SWEETSCIENCE100; 11-01-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X