No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "Pac-Marquez 24/7 will be shown on CNN"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    I don't think the CNN bit is about PPV buys as much as it is about growing Pac's brand to a older, more mature audience. I think this is more about Manny's endorsements and political aspirations (he will be a Governor in 2013, when he retires presumably). I have a feeling his interview with Piers Morgan will focus more on his political career than on the fight, although it will be promoted obviously. I think it will be like the 60 minutes thing- more of a profile of the person and not only the fighter.

The TNT (during the NBA season) and TBS (MLB Playoffs) coverage is more about PPV buys as it targets younger sports fans who are obviously more likely to purchase fights.
    You're acting like these are new approaches that they haven't already tried with Pacquiao.

They tried to grow his "brand" by putting him in a prime slot on network television. It failed, horribly. His popularity brought CBS the lowest ratings they have ever received in that time slot and finished dead last in the ratings among network television. I doubt putting it on CNN would give any benefit to him, if anything it will drive those actually wanting to see news to switch to another network. Pacquiao's "brand" will grow even more by finishing dead last in the ratings again, all my points on it.

They advertise every upcoming fight during other sporting events, this isn't some new novel approach. It has been going on for years and if it actually benefits PPV sales is questionable.

America doesn't particularly like Pacquiao. Do Filipinos and Filipino-Americans love him? Obviously. But the rest of America doesn't care very much about him, or about boxing in general.

You can trot out your 60 minutes ratings and try to claim it was because Pacquiao is so popular. Then neglect to tell people that Barack Obama was the first 50 minutes of the show with Pacquiao just being the filler at the end.

You are clearly insane and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Pacquiao has several restraining orders against you for stalking. You are hands down the most obsessed poster when it comes to his personal life and other menial things involving him. You're a dickriding Arum cheerleader on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RachelB View Post
      You're acting like these are new approaches that they haven't already tried with Pacquiao.

They tried to grow his "brand" by putting him in a prime slot on network television. It failed, horribly. His popularity brought CBS the lowest ratings they have ever received in that time slot and finished dead last in the ratings among network television. I doubt putting it on CNN would give any benefit to him, if anything it will drive those actually wanting to see news to switch to another network. Pacquiao's "brand" will grow even more by finishing dead last in the ratings again, all my points on it.

They advertise every upcoming fight during other sporting events, this isn't some new novel approach. It has been going on for years and if it actually benefits PPV sales is questionable.

America doesn't particularly like Pacquiao. Do Filipinos and Filipino-Americans love him? Obviously. But the rest of America doesn't care very much about him, or about boxing in general.

You can trot out your 60 minutes ratings and try to claim it was because Pacquiao is so popular. Then neglect to tell people that Barack Obama was the first 50 minutes of the show with Pacquiao just being the filler at the end.

You are clearly insane and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Pacquiao has several restraining orders against you for stalking. You are hands down the most obsessed poster when it comes to his personal life and other menial things involving him. You're a dickriding Arum cheerleader on top of it.
      well damn

its not that serious

Comment

Originally posted by RachelB View Post

The pac-Mosley fight camp was the first boxing related anything on network TV since '97 (unless you count the contender), and it was on CBS at erratic times and the show wasn't really promoted by the network. Even still, the 1.3 million viewers it garnered was double the highest viewership for any 24/7, earned Pac his highest PPV sales to date, and immediately after he scored major endorsement deals with HP, Nike (renewal), State Produce, and others.

I'm sure you've seen the HP commercials at least a hundred times on any channel you watch, you can't tell me that his brand isn't growing. Only the most avid hater would make that claim.

It will take more to bring Boxing back to mainstream prominence, but you have to start somewhere.

So you're telling me that all of Pacquiao's PPV buys, music sales (in the U.S.), Nike sales, etc are coming solely from the Filipino-American community? Does that mean that only African-Americans care about Floyd? That's blatant racism, ignorance, and xenophobia.

November 7th, 2010.

From tvbythenumbers.com:

8:30 CBS 60 Minutes 3.3 Rating 13.966 million viewers

So 14 million viewers stuck around for Manny, in the second 1/2 hour of the program, after Obama's segment.

Unless people confused Pacquiao for Obama, you need a new story.

Eat a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
          So you're telling me that all of Pacquiao's PPV buys, music sales (in the U.S.), Nike sales, etc are coming solely from the Filipino-American community? Does that mean that only African-Americans care about Floyd? That's blatant racism, ignorance, and xenophobia.
          floyd followers have a hard time accepting the truth. pacman brings excitement in the ring. you don't have to be a filippino to appreciate that. you gotta be a real fvkking nincompoop not to recognize that pacman has crossover appeal among many people with various nationalities.

don't take my word for it ignorant bigots. just click the video on the left of my sig. (the robert garcia thumbnail.)

Comment

I heard its going to be shown on "LIFE TIME"

CNN IS FREE TV, SHOWING ON FREE TV WILL NOT PRODUCE PPV BUYS.Pacquiaos people are stupid. Mayweather has laid out the blue print, being the pioneer that he is, and these idiots still can't follow simple directions

Comment

This would've made more sense on TBS, but who would say no to CNN?

I just hope they have a consistent schedule instead of CBS's fight camp mess. C'mon, 9am on a Saturday?

Comment

I doubt it happens CNN is a news network not a sports network.

Comment

cnn???lol..............

Comment

what channel is the show CHEATERS shown ? That would be perfect for duckqiao

Comment

this is like showing a cnn news show on espn....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X