Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman: It Was a Clear Win, I Outboxed Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was "clear"water the Keith won.

Comment

Are people debating his win I'm more shocked it was a Split Decision for Thurman and not a UD

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        I think Keith can match and in fact dominate Pacquiao in all the categories (speed, angles, power, footwork, unpredictablity) in the first four or five rounds.

However, I believe none of Keith's abilities are naturally, more like he forces his body to perform at that level, which is why he can't sustain it over twelve rounds whereas Pac and Mayweather have the same speed, power, angles, footwork, and concentration in the eleventh and twelfth round as they did in the first two rounds, because for them it's just pure natural talent, they aint forcing nothing.

However at age 38, I wonder how much it is 'still' natural for Pac or if he'll burn out too in the second half of the fight.
        The problem with Thurman that was glaring tonight maybe more than ever is he so obviously c0cks back and telegraphs his right hand ala Jermaine Taylor which will catch up to him. And Pac closes distance far better than Garcia that will will surface if he fights Pac. Pac uses far more creative angles and clearly has the volume advantage with an average of 69 punches per round vs 47 for Thurman. But Pac is aging and if he is going to fight Thurman and Brook/Spence winner, he needs to do it before he slows down too much. As for Garcia, Pac would win by a very comfortable margin.
        Last edited by richardt; 03-05-2017, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I was in the arena tonight, and saw Keith win a clear, but competitive fight. It was an extremely pro-Danny crowd. Most thought Danny won the fight. Even saw a couple fights damn near break out because they were crying foul, which is completely idiotic to me.

Personally, I don't think Thurman "outboxed" Danny. I think he outworked him more than anything else. Most of the Danny faithful felt Thurman ran. He really didn't. Danny basically fell in love with the idea of trying to time Keith with a counter left hook, and Thurman circled away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyLarry View Post
            I thought Thurman won but close. I don't think he dominated the fight
            He dominated the scorecard but the rounds were all competitive. In almost every round Thurman was busier, landed the more significant shots and did a bit better than Garcia. I gave Garcia thee rounds and i can only see an argument for him winning four rounds total. Yet all the rounds were very competitive.

Comment

#PacquiaoThurman Pacquiao wins, lines up all 3 belts and rematches floyd, or retires. The end

Comment

Yeaaaa when Danny watches the tape and his reactions between 3 of every 4 rounds, and his demeanor when the final bell sounded, he'll know Keith won pretty decisively.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Gulf in class between the two. A level fighter and a B level fighter.
                  Negative

B+ and B-

Leonard Hearns Hagler Mayweather Pacquiao are A level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Pac's angles and the direction his punches come from and his experience and speed, I would favor him over Thurman or Garcia. If Pac and Arum want any fight, it would be theirs because no one would turn down a huge payday that only a Pac fight would offer. No other active welterweight pulls superstar numbers like Pac as long as Pac is fighting top guys.
                    Garcia turned down a fight with Mayweather and Pac at this point pays less than a Mayweather fight. So, don't be so confident about that one. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      No. No judge in his right mind could've given Garcia the decision. But the close scores didn't surprise me. The SD was something that's become just far too common in boxing nowadays. Thurman should've known better than to coast.
                      Hopefully Birmingham and Keith start taking notice of this because they have been doing it for quite some time now.

Comment

Working...
                      X