Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Skips Khurtsidze, Installs Canelo as Saunders' Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Warren doesn't have as much money as Golden Boy has to bid. Canelo has HBO PPV money behind him and like I said if Warren tries to bluff and bid more money then he actually has Canelo will just pull out the Purse bid like Kovalev did. Where as if Golden Boy wins and they pull out they are stripped. Canelo doesn't care about Saunders if he can make a fight great if not EVERYONE wants to fight him. Saunders looked shaky his last fight and could literally lose to any top 10 middleweight in a fight nobody cares about where he is paid peanuts. Better take whatever money Canelo offers before that happens. Canelo has a title shot with every other belt later this year with GGG if all he cares about is a belt no need to overpay bum Saunders for one. Saunders needs Canelo if he wants a payday not the other way around and like I said he is the only one who get's stripped. Saunders has ZERO leverage with Canelo. He'll get offered a career payday more then anyone else can offer him if he still turns it down he's a damn fool and Canelo will move on.
    When I read such comments I can't help but think that it is a part of GBP negotiating strategy - buy out some posters in the social media and try to create "public opinion". Not that Hearn can't do this as well. Normal boxing fan just does not care about who makes what. He just wants to see good matchups. I suggest that such posts, which are suspect of being influenced by money, shall be banned from this place...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      I don't think this fight will go to a purse bid because either GB puts the bid high enough to where they are comfortable to winning it because Warren is limited in the offer he can make and if warrens bluffs and bids higher then GB is comfortable with paying a bum like Saunders for his trinket they will move on and Saunders loses out on a once in a lifetime payday before some bum contender beats the brakes off him. GB will make a offer that's probably triple what Saunders has ever made and he'll either take it or he won't. Saunders is nobody that Canelo has to overpay for or go through long back and forth negotiations. LMAO He's only in the running for the Canelo lottery because his belt. If he get's stripped or loses tomorrow Canelo will never fight him because he brings nothing else to the table. And like I said he has the pressure of a purse bid because he's the only one who gets stripped if he loses the bid or backs out NOT canelo.

Canelo is operating from a point of strength against either GGG, Canelo and damn sure bum azzz Saunders in any negotiations.

We agree, the fight won't go to purse bid. Canelo would walk from such a situation b/c he doesn't need the belt and he's not going anywhere near parity with BJS.

But BJS/Warren aren't helpless. BJS is as young as Canelo, and Warren's new tv deal would pay Saunders very well fighting so-so competition while defending his belt. That's how Warren built Calzaghe's and Hatton's careers. BJS/Warren won't sell out that title and undefeated record for cheap money.

As of now, if Canelo passes, BJS's two mandatories will be Khurtsidze and Langford. Langford is a breeze for BJS. Khurtsidze has become very overrated with his win over Douglass. At the same time, Khurtsidze will 38 years old and out of the ring for a year if he fights BJS next. BJS will be in shape and focused for Khurtsidze and beat him comfortably. There's no haste in BJS/Warren to accept a Canelo deal unless BJS is pulling a Kelly Pavlik and ready to quit boxing, and I don't think he is.

Comment

Working...
      X