"Who's Keith Thurman?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    - -NOT at the Time!

Freddie changed his tune well after when the fight returns for the umpteenth time with infinitely mo' $ and better conditions to flatter TBE TUE ego.

TBE TUE and his crack family of felons paid an out of court civil settlement with a public letter of apology to Manny.

What grade U in now?
    False. He said it was their fault much later. He never changed his mind about the first negotiation.

What grade U in now?

Comment

I have no opinion on the argument you two are having I wasn't watching the game at that time but . . .

what . . . did he say? I never thought the English language could be turned into abstract art, but now I know better.

Even the the damn CC couldn't figure out what he was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        False. He said it was their fault much later. He never changed his mind about the first negotiation.
        - - Freddie had changeable opinions as I stated.

I'll have my cryptology boys decipher U spamglish.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          And Floyd insisting on strict drug testing was a way to not have to fight Manny in his prime, knowing Manny would turn it down at that point. Later Manny was older and more willing to go through the stricter testing because it was the best available fight for him.
          Manny turning it down is the key here, regardless of what Floyd thought.

Comment

- - Freddie had changeable opinions as I stated.

I'll have my cryptology boys decipher U spamglish.
            When did he change his opinion that the first negotiation was not due to Pac's side?

This is old news. We know Arum wanted no part of this fight, and Pac went along with, "It's up to my promoter."

Comment

- -U being the untutored sort can be excused for not knowing Floydy set the date and Venue as March 13, 2010 as the starting place of negotiations.

Manny agreed to kick start negotiations.

Obviously need to study up as to how they progressed and then stalemated.

Get back to us, oh maybe a couple of years to give us the TRUE skinny.

Yes U can!
              Sadly the prolonged negotiations and people saying it will never happen ended up making the fight worth more than ever. Not great for pure boxing fans, sets a bad precedent, if I can even say that as that was probably the norm since boxing started. it made money because of it though. I don’t think these or most boxers are afraid of anyone. They’re more afraid of not earning as much as possible or not getting their concessions. I don’t think they are afraid of getting KOd as much as they are afraid of getting KOd and not having it be worth as much as they could get.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                Sadly the prolonged negotiations and people saying it will never happen ended up making the fight worth more than ever. Not great for pure boxing fans, sets a bad precedent, if I can even say that as that was probably the norm since boxing started. it made money because of it though. I don’t think these or most boxers are afraid of anyone. They’re more afraid of not earning as much as possible or not getting their concessions. I don’t think they are afraid of getting KOd as much as they are afraid of getting KOd and not having it be worth as much as they could get.
                - -If you watched the Crawford card Saturday, it was a sad day for fans and Vegas, neither of them knowing Sheesh from Shinola about boxing.

People tend to hear and see what they want instead of understanding the totality.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Manny turning it down is the key here, regardless of what Floyd thought.
                  Floyd also making a stricter drug testing stipulation when he never did that before is also kind of important and seems a little suspect. It was a power play on Floyd's part, trying to control more of the terms than necessary. Boxing already had drug testing. If Floyd really wanted the fight, he would've asked for it and just negotiated money and not come up with some BS drug testing excuse. It conveniently came up when his biggest challenge happened, which led to the fight being delayed 6 years. It was always either drug testing or a disagreement over the money split.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Floyd also making a stricter drug testing stipulation when he never did that before is also kind of important and seems a little suspect. It was a power play on Floyd's part, trying to control more of the terms than necessary. Boxing already had drug testing. If Floyd really wanted the fight, he would've asked for it and just negotiated money and not come up with some BS drug testing excuse. It conveniently came up when his biggest challenge happened, which led to the fight being delayed 6 years. It was always either drug testing or a disagreement over the money split.
                    Well just to make one slight adjustment to what you've posted, it wasn't so much to do with drug testing as it was to do with the cut-off date for drug testing.

Pacquiao never refused drug testing. He wanted a 30 day cut-off. Floyd then agreed to a 15 day cut-off, and Pacquiao (after news broke that he was tested 24 days before Hatton) wouldn't go lower than 24 days.

I think a 15 day cut-off was obviously more than reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      Well just to make one slight adjustment to what you've posted, it wasn't so much to do with drug testing as it was to do with the cut-off date for drug testing.

Pacquiao never refused drug testing. He wanted a 30 day cut-off. Floyd then agreed to a 15 day cut-off, and Pacquiao (after news broke that he was tested 24 days before Hatton) wouldn't go lower than 24 days.

I think a 15 day cut-off was obviously more than reasonable.
                      Boom, there ya go, as Ari Gold would say. So all I'm saying is Manny wasn't the only one being unreasonable here. So Manny agreed to testing, they just couldn't agree on conditions of testing. And I believe there were also disagreements on what each fighter would be paid. It ended up being a huge clusterf*** with both fighters at fault because of their egos, delaying it way longer than it needed to be. Maybe we can just agree on that then. It seems like in these negotiations one side never wants to completely give in so as not to appear weak or to "lose face", so to speak, even if it's something both people want, which in this case is a huge money making fight.

And since this thread is on Keith Thurman, weren't there also talks of Floyd fighting Thurman before he decided to face Berto? Was this a case of Floyd taking a lower risk fight with it being the end of his career? Seems like it. I saw interviews after the fight online and Thurman talked about strategy both fighters used and was only respectful afterwards so props to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X