Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tua Fought Marciano With Those Mittens!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Galento was a hooker? Gotta get by somehow. Wonder how much he charged.
    - -Ginsbergy and Kerouacky got freebies as he recited their publications in verse.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Galento was a hooker? Gotta get by somehow. Wonder how much he charged.
      Brum ching and thank you as I will have nightmares imagining that! Even True Fan could not doodle Big Toney up!

Comment

Believe me, lads, the first boxer tougher than Marciano must shìt through a metal ӑ̶sshole.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Look and one will see that even fighters who were disparaged as being crude, fighters like Tony Galento, had skills compared to today's fighters... Galento was considered a hooker, but his jab, for example, was very good, and he could fight insided well. A fighter like Tua, back in those days would not go far because he truly is a one handed fighter and at the top level, a guy would be able to avoid one type of punch.
          100% they just weren't as polished looking as todays fighters, since they were only focused on fighting. People mistake polish for skills.

all of them knew how to fight though. I'm not sure how highly I rank Galento, but I'm sure he would get his shots in.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            100% they just weren't as polished looking as todays fighters, since they were only focused on fighting. People mistake polish for skills.

all of them knew how to fight though. I'm not sure how highly I rank Galento, but I'm sure he would get his shots in.
            The only puzzling thing... I can't understand it... was Galento got hit so much. In the Max Baer fight, he like just stands there and takes heat... I can't believe Galento was generally that bad defensively.

Comment

- -We know U that toopid.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -We know U that toopid.
                Houdini owns you son Stop licking doorknobs

Comment

Look and one will see that even fighters who were disparaged as being crude, fighters like Tony Galento, had skills compared to today's fighters... Galento was considered a hooker, but his jab, for example, was very good, and he could fight insided well. A fighter like Tua, back in those days would not go far because he truly is a one handed fighter and at the top level, a guy would be able to avoid one type of punch.
                  in the old days it was harder for the guys with padded records to get title fights and even bums had to fight way more often than today, meaning even the club fighters had decent skills. fighting every 2 weeks keeps the skillset sharp

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  Believe me, lads, the first boxer tougher than Marciano must shìt through a metal ӑ̶sshole.
                  The only puzzling thing... I can't understand it... was Galento got hit so much. In the Max Baer fight, he like just stands there and takes heat... I can't believe Galento was generally that bad defensively.
                  I think the problem was Baer's long arms, gelento was probably used to being able to only take one step back and be out of range, but Baer's arms were long enough that he was still catching Tony. it does seem to me though galento generally got hit a lot, but his short thick neck protected him from some punches, lol

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                    in the old days it was harder for the guys with padded records to get title fights and even bums had to fight way more often than today, meaning even the club fighters had decent skills. fighting every 2 weeks keeps the skillset sharp

I think the problem was Baer's long arms, gelento was probably used to being able to only take one step back and be out of range, but Baer's arms were long enough that he was still catching Tony. it does seem to me though galento generally got hit a lot, but his short thick neck protected him from some punches, lol
                    Baer hit him a lot... It could have been the reach, that is a good explanation. generally no heavyweight I know of, takes punches like Toney took in some of those exchanges... Not to that degree from a puncher like Baer, it even looked strange! I mean he was really hitting Two Ton!

Comment

Working...
                    X