Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo/DAZN Deal Will End PPV Boxing In the United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    Eddie is saving Murica
    Making American boxing great again

Comment

Originally posted by dmlarge View Post
      They over paid Canelo. Canelo need to fight good fighter to make Dazn deal worth while. If he starts losing then that deal is garbage.
      They arent looking to make a profit on canelo its an investment to get other fighters on board, and an initial wave of subscribers, which it will. Theyve now got the two biggest stars in boxing on board.

Comment

Fawking cashnelo lmfao
        The dirty ginger is going to bank!
        Floydie is already jealous talking about fight that taliban tabibi or whatever his name is lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          They arent looking to make a profit on canelo its an investment to get other fighters on board, and an initial wave of subscribers, which it will. Theyve now got the two biggest stars in boxing on board.
          Wow drama
          Showing his unbiased good sh it bro green k

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            How is he over paid? He’s 28 years old coming off a victory off a reigning mw king and p4p guy. His already enormous stock only grew from that.

He’s getting Canelo’s (assumption here, he’s been fighting a while) prime years, the most famous/money bringing boxer and literally an entire country/demographic that comes with him and will compliment AJ and vice versa. It’s worth it because he’s been fighting good fights. You seem bitter somehow. Canelo isnt an up and comer. He’s an established superstar. THE current superstar.

What’s next.. Lebron isnt worth it? Messi? Ronaldo?
            Canelo is obviously the big superstar in boxing right now as such pretty much he is worth whatever amount as a base with a big fight being worth even more. Boxing is a star driven business and Canelo is the top guy in the market.

However, 11 fights is a long ass time in boxing and while Canelo is really good but does he really have the kind of size, athleticism and determination to keep going for the whole length of the deal.

It is like any long term spots deal of a guy in their late 20's, they are worth it at the moment but what about toward the end of the deal?

Comment

There is no arguing its a knockdown blow to PPV. If PPV stays down or just takes an 8 count is to be seen.

I do feel like we are still in the wait & see mode with streaming killing PPV. I think the content is gonna have to be better then its been. ESPN+ has had a couple fights one could argue coulda been a PPV fight. But DAZN hasn't really did a fight one could argue was a US PPV fight quality event. And there hasn't been 1 big PPV fight type card by either yet. When we are seeing obvious PPV fights like Canelo vs GGG III on a streaming platform then you can argue PPV is in serious trouble.

Comment

With this deal its going to hard to pay 80$ for FMJ to come back and (outbox) pac again or whoever he decides to fight... when you can watch Canelo for damn near free!

Comment

I hope Arum takes note. No one wants to see Crawford on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    Fawking cashnelo lmfao
                    The dirty ginger is going to bank!
                    Floydie is already jealous talking about fight that taliban tabibi or whatever his name is lmfao
                    Hating? They have been talking about that fight for a week now. Canelo just announced his deal today

Comment

It's not about him losing. Its about him making me want to pay to see him fight. I'd never would pay to see him fight Khan or Kirkland. If Dazn had a Canelo vs Lemieux I wouldn't buy that junk. Canelo vs Charlo I'd like to see but would never happen. Good luck Dazn

Comment

Working...
                      X