Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Castillo calls Floyd the GREATEST EVER: "better than Dempsey, Louis & Ali."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Floyd lacks a win over a prime atg like himself to be the goat. Something all the other candidates have.

Per fight stats, punch differentials, efficieny and consistency throughout his career make him a solid candidate for TBE though. And he probably is.

But goat no.
    Location, Location, Location yours precisely....

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      The 2nd best of this era so he is one of the best ever. Top 20 maybe.
      It jmm fought both floyd and pac and said pac is without doubt best of era.
      PAC always beats common opponents more dominantly so if pac demolished Castillo in 2 rounds Castillo would be saying pac was best ever
      If you'll notice when a boxer is interviewed for "The best I've faced" they generally always go with a guy they beat. Vargas said Quartey was better than Trinidad and De La Hoya. Azumah Nelson said Mario Martinez was better than Whitaker and Sanchez. Erik Morales said Junior Jones was the best I think. Marquez probably doesn't really register the Mayweather fight because it came at a time where he'd barely got to 135, after barely getting to 130 and moved up two divisions extra. I've heard him say he rates Mayweather's skills over Pacquaio years back when assessing them. I do consider Pacquaio to probably have the better career/resume for what it's worth. Just saying fighters aren't always truthful about who the best they fought was. It's often ego.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I thought the great Cuban boxer Napoles who fought out of Mexico could have beat him at all weights from 130 to 147. I think Duran at his best could beat him at 135, 140 and 147 and Hearns could beat him at 147. Duran and Napoles would both KO any version of Castillo at 135 in my opinion.Napoles was famous as the welterweight champion. Before winning the welterweight title he was the number 1 contender at 130 and 135 but the champions of the time refused to fight him.
      Knowledge. I brought this point up about Mantequilla the other day. He was avoided for years and was really forced up to 147 out of necessity. He'd probably already physically peaked and had more wear and tear on his body and skin. Not to mention his lifestyle as a major drinker. Imagine if Napoles was born 30/40 years later in the 3/4 belt era. He'd have dominated 135, 140 and 147 and I don't think there's anyone from the 90's to now that would have been able to beat him over a series. Maybe he loses on cuts to someone then beats them but nobody would outbox and or outfight him. Boxrec jockeys will just look at the records and not even know about his troubles getting a title shot, his loss on cuts to Backus, they'll just assume he wasn't good because he was stopped by Monzon (in a fight he started really well) and because he lost his last fight. Would Floyd step up to Monzon?

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
      Well that didn't take long. Agree that Floyd is the best boxer who ever competed in the history of the sport, or else you are nothing but a racist. What has this world come to?
      Yeah. How pathetic. "If you don't agree with my opinion you are a racist", when in fact it's not a popular opinion. These people just can't enjoy boxing and became fans more of their fighter than the sport.

Comment

The 2nd best of this era so he is one of the best ever. Top 20 maybe.
        It jmm fought both floyd and pac and said pac is without doubt best of era.
        PAC always beats common opponents more dominantly so if pac demolished Castillo in 2 rounds Castillo would be saying pac was best ever
        Except JMM knocked PAC into another realm.

FACTS

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post

Yeah. How pathetic. "If you don't agree with my opinion you are a racist", when in fact it's not a popular opinion. These people just can't enjoy boxing and became fans more of their fighter than the sport.

You're going to act like the majority of Floyd detractors on this very site are not racist or just natural born haters jealous of others success?

Lol. Ok. We can pretend all you want, doesn't make it true.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
            Except JMM knocked PAC into another realm.

FACTS
            Except pacs got 3 wins over jmm with jmm fighting for survival in all fights.
            Floyd hasn’t got 1 legit win over any great Mexicans.
            I’m sure Hearns thinks Duran’s greater than srl also. Or maybe Hearns doesn’t as he koed Duran so easily..? But just cos he koed Duran doesn’t mean to say he can’t think Duran’s better than srl
            Last edited by hugh grant; 08-23-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
              You're going to act like the majority of Floyd detractors on this very site are not racist or just natural born haters jealous of others success?

Lol. Ok. We can pretend all you want, doesn't make it true.
              Most of these so-called "racists" say fighters like Robinson, Armstrong, Ali, Leonard just to name a few are more deserving and the last time I checked all four were black too.

Comment

Except pacs got 3 wins over jmm with jmm fighting for survival in all fights.
                Floyd hasn’t got 1 legit win over any great Mexicans.
                I’m sure Hearns thinks Duran’s greater than srl also. Or maybe Hearns doesn’t as he koed Hearns so easily..?
                Pacquaio doesn't have 3 wins over Marquez. He has two debatable/robbery wins and a debatable draw which if Cortez correctly took a point from hitting a floored Marquez he'd have lost that too. The third fight was largely ridiculed and seen as a bad decision too. Marquez wasn't fighting for survival either. He rocked Pacquaio multiple times through the first two and Pacquaio was impotent in the third.
                Last edited by chrisJS; 08-23-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Pacquaio doesn't have 3 wins over Marquez. He has two debatable wins. The third fight was largely ridiculed and seen as a bad decision too. Marquez wasn't fighting for survival either. He rocked Pacquaio multiple times through the first two and Pacquaio was impotent in the third.
                  History will see pac having 2 wins over jmm. Which is one more than Floyd if your being overly kind to Floyd. But if your realistic Floyd hasn’t even got one win over jmm. Cheating wins don’t count.
                  Jmm thinks pacs better as pac has beat 3 great Mexicans countless times. PACs more deserving in jmm eyes

Comment

Typical of boxers to prop up their own wins. Castillo making himself look better. It's natural.

Comment

History will see pac having 2 wins over jmm. Which is one more than Floyd if your being overly kind to Floyd. But if your realistic Floyd hasn’t even got one win over jmm. Cheating wins don’t count.
                      Jmm thinks pacs better as pac has beat 3 great Mexicans countless times. PACs more deserving in jmm eyes
                      History shows Whitaker and Chavez having a draw but fans still know who won and give Whitaker the head to head benefit.

Fans will always know Marquez was robbed blind in fight III after deserving to win at least one of the first two and then ending the series with a brutal put to sleep KO for the ages. Marquez was the older man already past his physical best for at least three fights of the series too.

Comment

Working...
                      X