Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Love To Make Luis Ortiz vs. Dillian Whyte For Dec. 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see this offer is on a contingency basis; That is if only Chisora refuses the fight. Now why would Chisora turn down that fight? It's not like he has many other options at this point of his career? Either Hearn make the Ortiz/Whyte fight or he won't.

Don't have Luis Ortiz twisting in the Goddamned wind. If you want that fight for Whyte just send the contract and then Luis Ortiz would sign it in a heartbeat.

However, we know that Eddie Hearn won't fancy the chance of ever doing that because he is such a big liar. That fight is too risky. It's a fight that Dillian Whyte just might lose.

So the safer bet is Chisora; Who is even more shopworn and diminished than the 49 year old Luis Ortiz. Hearn is probably attempting to put Ortiz on the under card of Chisora/Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      A undercard fight on the Wilder v Fury bill it would be good.Lets not forget Ortiz is still dangerous but is 358 years old and was recently hammered .So as a stand alone o2 fight I wouldn't go out of my way on PPV ! but I would for the Delboy rematch.
      It depends what Whyte really wants to do with him career, he could get huge international exposure on the Fury bill or could get excellent UK viewing fighting Chisora = making a case for himself with A.J. or making a case v Wilder /fury winner.Lets see.Personally I think Wilder,Tyson,A.j. (again) and maybe even Del all beat him.
      You’d rather see Chisora face Whyte than Whyte face Ortiz ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Anyone with any boxing brains or fan of this sport, would prefer Ortiz/Whyte on its own card rather than Ortiz/TBA as an undercard fight. Ortiz/Whyte is not going to happen on any undercard, you don’t go from headlining your own PPV card to fighting on an undercard to someone is headlining his first PPV card. December 22 make this happen.
        Framptom and Warrington are fighting that night in U.K. I believe, might not interest thw casual boxing fan but it’s a big fight none the less. I doubt Hearn goes toe to toe with BT sports that night.

Comment

This fight might be closer than we think. Eddie told kugan whytes Dec 22nd fight will be announced end of the week, but declined to mention opponent and denied it would be chisora! Who else is there?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
            Framptom and Warrington are fighting that night in U.K. I believe, might not interest thw casual boxing fan but it’s a big fight none the less. I doubt Hearn goes toe to toe with BT sports that night.
            LETs be honest, unless your a fan of specifically one of those two you are going to take whyte Ortiz or Whyte chisora over that fight? Matchroom likely to have a far stronger card too; just compare frank warren and Eddie hearns cards this weekend as an example.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
              This fight might be closer than we think. Eddie told kugan whytes Dec 22nd fight will be announced end of the week, but declined to mention opponent and denied it would be chisora! Who else is there?
              He should, but won't, give Parker a well deserved rematch. The only reason Whyte won the first was a headbutt to the temple that resulted in a 3 point swing and affected Parker for several rounds afterwards.

Last edited by 4truth; 10-07-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                He should, but won't, give Parker a well deserved rematch. The only reason Whyte won the first was a headbutt to the temple that resulted in a 3 point swing and affected Parker for several rounds afterwards.

I disagree with that but Parker has a fight schedule in New Zealand anyway

Comment

The Chisora rematch is already written. But, on the chance it is not he should still speak with team Hearn. That way he can get the AJ fight he was ducked from earlier. It would make more sense for Whyte to be on the Wilder PPV if he wants the Wilder fight, that way he can call him out afterward, but money-wise he probably shouldn't give up his own PPV without a good purse.

Comment

I disagree with that but Parker has a fight schedule in New Zealand anyway
                    Parker has no opponent, just a date...just like Whyte and Ortiz.

So far as disagreeing, what part do you disagree with? Clearly it was not a knockdown, I assume we both agree on that. I thought Parker was winning the 2nd round handily and the knockdown changed what was a 1 point round for Parker to a 2 point round for Whyte.

Comment

LETs be honest, unless your a fan of specifically one of those two you are going to take whyte Ortiz or Whyte chisora over that fight? Matchroom likely to have a far stronger card too; just compare frank warren and Eddie hearns cards this weekend as an example.
                      Frampton and Warrington is a must see as far as I’m concerned and although I’d like to see Whyte Ortiz too I’d have more interest in the Warren card.

Whyte and Ortiz in their respective divisions aren’t as good as the two Brits, they’re like both top four guys whereas Ortiz and Whyte are top ten.
                      Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 10-07-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X