Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If I Was 28, 29 - I'd Have KO'd Mayweather's Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Floyd never demanded nothing.

When Floyd first came to welter the top 4 fighters were Williams, Cotto, Mosley and Margarito. Floyd avoided all of them until they aged and got beat, and never faced Williams or Margarito. He faked two retirements to avoid the calls to fight them.

Those fighters took on each other though.

Mosley, Oscar and Trinidad, big punchers and big guys, in their prime the had the speed and skills to KO Mayweather.

Floyd shows us his weakness with all his ducking and cherry picks.
    You are obviously slightly deluded and I mean that with the utmost respect . You said with your own words power is the last thing to go and Mosley caught Floyd on the button. Caught Floyd cold and didn’t even knock him down talk less of knocking him out.

Mosley didn’t fight Mayweather earlier because he said he wants a holiday then his other excuse was that he had a toothache..... unbelievable.... Let’s not even mention that walking punch bag Margarita
    Last edited by Noelanthony; 09-02-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
      You are obviously slightly deluded and I mean that with the utmost respect . You said with your own words power is the last thing to go and Mosley caught Floyd on the button. Caught Floyd cold and didn’t even knock him down talk less of knocking him out.

Mosley didn’t fight Mayweather earlier because he said he wants a holiday then his other excuse was that he had a toothache..... unbelievable.... Let’s not even mention that walking punch bag Margarita
      Yes, he caught him and hurt him and Floyd had to hold on all that round.

Now a prime Mosley would have finished him off and caught him more often with his speed and stamina and would have been better defensively with improved reactions.

Even Mayoraga a year earlier was outboxing Shane till he knocked him out in the final round.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Floyd never demanded nothing.

When Floyd first came to welter the top 4 fighters were Williams, Cotto, Mosley and Margarito. Floyd avoided all of them until they aged and got beat, and never faced Williams or Margarito. He faked two retirements to avoid the calls to fight them.

Those fighters took on each other though.

Mosley, Oscar and Trinidad, big punchers and big guys, in their prime the had the speed and skills to KO Mayweather.

Floyd shows us his weakness with all his ducking and cherry picks.
        https://youtu.be/OPJhvYXKZK8

Please just listen to his pathetic excuses. Tell me if he sounds keen to face Mayweather. Now I don’t expect an apology but at least write to the Mayweather foundation expressing your sincere regrets in doubting him

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
          https://youtu.be/OPJhvYXKZK8

Please just listen to his pathetic excuses. Tell me if he sounds keen to face Mayweather. Now I don’t expect an apology but at least write to the Mayweather foundation expressing your sincere regrets in doubting him

He is Oscar's friend, he knew that deal was on the table

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            It's a "foregone" conclusion that Floyd has beat every style, weight, height, speed, power, age, hype, prime ect. you name it he beat it. Oscar is no exception.
            I’m not debating anymore to a dedicated closeminded fanboy like you.
            It’s a foregone conclusion to you, but it never happened in their primes so he’s never gonna get credit as if it did.
            I never once undermined Floyd’s skills and talents. But making things up is not for me.
            34 year old oscar won 4 rounds. When he just had 1 fight in 3 years.
            Do you think at 29 and being well oiled it would have been a better fight? I don’t get it? How can you get a worse performance at your best when you did okay when you were old?? Please answer that not with fanboy statements. Like “ofcourse he’s tbe like wtf” please use some little logic at least. Break down the fight at least, like “well floyd would throw the jab here and there”
            Not some “of course he’s tbe no one can beat him” that’s just too stupid for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by IHATEBOBARUM1 View Post
              if you wasnt such a sniff head you wouldn't also be known as fishnets.

be quiet pac was on that ariza shake then and they drained delahoya to 147, all pac wins during that time are questionable in my eyes they also drained cotto to 144 lol.
              Except OSCAR made the fight .
              And Cotto was 145.

Comment

• Oscar did not KO Ike, Tito, Gonzalez, Mosley and Carr.
                So, I doubt if he KO's Floyd in any period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
                  Late 30's the moment he struggled to beat Maidana he looked god awful in both fights and he looked trash in the Pacquiao fight as well, barely mounting any offence it was the most boring lacklustre performance of his career.

Fact is DLH wasn't fight Floyd when Floyd had lost, Floyd never pushed himself to get into that position although he had a very hard time with an older past prime Hoya.

Maidana was a stylistic nightmare for Floyd from the get go. Said this before the fight. I agree about his prime tailing off late 30s tho.

ODLH prime ended early because he was irresponsible, you can be prime at 34 still but he partied too hard and was already also promoting by that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    Well, delahoya at his prime at 147 is no cake walk for any atg stylewise.
                    Saying mayweather beats him there or vice versa as a forgone conclusion is BS. Cause we’ll never really know.
                    At 34 Oscar managed to win 4 rounds. And was hangin in there in some.
                    He has the height, the speed, the jab, the reach, the power and the chin to make what he’s saying right now possible during his prime. And he’s entitled to think that.
                    It was actually a cakewalk for quartey who should have been so far ahead on a legal scorecard that the 10-8 12th round shouldnt have mattered. From what I saw, DLH was controlled for 2 minutes and 50 seconds of rounds MOST OF THE FIGHT, then he'd throw s 6 punch combination to Quartey's elbows that would "win" him the round. That fight was disgusting. Not as bad as his fight with Sturm(that I scored 10-2 for Sturm but 9-3 is reasonable). Even de la hoya during the interview knew he lost that fight and couldn't even crack a smile.

Comment

• Bob Arum knew you would get your @$$ whooped that's why he protected you as long as he could lol

Comment

Working...
                      X