Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: IBF 2nd-Day Weigh-In No Problem; GGG Situation Different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He knocked you down, Jacobs. That's what happened.

Comment

I agree. Rozier concedes Jacobs might have been 178. It's therefore no stretch to assume he was 185. In fact, it is probable.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        This. Jacobs kept stalling and I don´t think it was really about money.. he did absolutely everything he could to enter the ring in the best shape of his life, fought the fight of his life and still lost. It was close and competitive, but he lost. I admit I kind of understand DJ on this one even if I don´t like or respect what he did.
        Jacobs got every conceivable benefit and still got knocked down and lost the fight.

Comment

Jacobs looked a lot smaller in the Sulecki fight. And he barely beat Sulecki. GGG would have KO'd the smaller Sulecki.

Comment

He wasn't fighting for the IBF belt in that fight. So i have zero issue with that. Let's see if he skips the second weigh-in for the dervy fight. Then we can talk...

Comment

That's what he gets for skipping the weigh in and not being weighed on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
                He just admitted he couldn't be bothered doing it for GGG, but now because the IBF is his only route things are now "different" there really is no other way of looking at it, read the quotes from Jacob lol.
                Seems weird the IBF would want Jacobs after he clearly rejected you last time.
                Exactly... They should have removed him from their ranking. But, money speaks... The IBF wants a slice of his pay check.

Comment

Jacobs used every weight bully trick he could, stalled the fight as long as he could, and STILL GOT FLOORED, and couldn't do anything vs ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by istt View Post
                    I agree. Rozier concedes Jacobs might have been 178. It's therefore no stretch to assume he was 185. In fact, it is probable.
                    Most likely he weighed in around 185-188.

Comment

Originally posted by istt View Post
                      Jacobs looked a lot smaller in the Sulecki fight. And he barely beat Sulecki. GGG would have KO'd the smaller Sulecki.
                      Excellent point. Jacobs was Andre Ward size and Ward comes in around 190 for his LHW fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X