Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher? Mayweathe or Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe also ranks higher in another category.....

No ****

Comment

I think may is better, but joe has two victories that may can't touch at this point. If may fought and beat PAC, he'd surpass joe, but beatin Hopkins and jones, two atg's puts joe ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by low_Bo View Post
        I think may is better, but joe has two victories that may can't touch at this point. If may fought and beat PAC, he'd surpass joe, but beatin Hopkins and jones, two atg's puts joe ahead.
        Calzaghe's best win is Kessler imo. The Jones win means almost nothing. His win over BHop is a solid one (not going to get into whether he actually won it or not). However, I don't rate it as a great win because Hopkins was past his best. He was still quite good but not the absolute best BHop.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
          Calzaghe's best win is Kessler imo. The Jones win means almost nothing. His win over BHop is a solid one (not going to get into whether he actually won it or not). However, I don't rate it as a great win because Hopkins was past his best. He was still quite good but not the absolute best BHop.
          What do you consider mays signature wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
            more nationalistic bu11shyt from you. Ignorant post, even from you
            From the man who says "Mexico = GOAT" in his title. Floyd does rank higher though. Now if Syria was going to spray one with chemicals and left it up to me to choose, I'd spare Joe because I despise crackbaby Floyd... but he is the much more esteemed and accomplished champion. Plus, he's still active.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy
              Quote:

Originally Posted by low_Bo

Joe was past his best too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

What do you consider mays signature wins?
                Mayweather has a lot of very good wins. I would say his best wins are Corrales, Hatton and Castillo. His resume from top to bottom is better than Calzaghe's though. However, I do understand the notion that Floyd doesn't have any prime ATG wins but neither does Joe for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                  Joe was past his best too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  I understand that. I'm not knocking Joe with my comments. It's just the truth. It's still a good win but it's not a great win. It could be compared to if Floyd and Manny fought now. Both still highly skilled but diminished/past their best. The winner wouldn't have a great win. It would be a very good win instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                    Mayweather has a lot of very good wins. I would say his best wins are Corrales, Hatton and Castillo. His resume from top to bottom is better than Calzaghe's though. However, I do understand the notion that Floyd doesn't have any prime ATG wins but neither does Joe for that matter.
                    True Hopkins and jones weren't in prime, but they were both atg's and not has-beens at time of fights. May had no atg's on his record.

Comment

also Floydit has to wait till two atgs had aged to fortysomethings and are only 50% of what they were, in order to equal Joe.

hmmmm.... so to equal Joe he still needs to edge out, say, 43 year old Kostya Tszyu and Mickey Ward (or any two legends around that age).

hmmmm.... something not quite right about that logic, cant put my finger on it.... surely that would make his record worse?
                      Last edited by DreamFighter; 08-28-2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X