Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past fights in which you felt the scorecards where so bad, it could of been fixed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past fights in which you felt the scorecards where so bad, it could of been fixed?

In no particular order.

Mayweather - De La Hoya (SD Mayweather)
    Everyone knows Floyd won by a wide UD, I got the impression it was scored closer to try justify a rematch. Due to how successful the build up and overall hype of the fight. Which evidentally became the most successful fight of all time.
    No so much a robbery but just terrible judging that raises questions...

Andre Dirrell-Carl Froch (SD Froch)
    Dirrell was robbed, and once again an English fighter got a gifted hometown win.

Whitaker-Chavez (Draw)
    Anyone who has seen the fight, knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Williams-Lara (MD)
    Lara landed at will with left hands and right hooks, Williams face was pretty banged up by the end of the fight.
    Another robbery, trying to get Paul Williams once hopeful career back into spotlight.

Martinez-Cintron (Draw)
    Martinez outboxed him allnight, got a knockdown (in which Cintron was counted out, yet still got to continue to fight.)
    Martinez hadn't a scratch on his face yet judges rule a majority draw?
    Disgrace.

Add what you think where robberies....

Lewis vs Holyfield I.

Comment

Good examples, though I disagree about Dirrell-Froch. As much as I believe Dirrell won that fight, Dirrell didn't do any favors by fighting so badly for most the fight. I also don't think the judges had any intentions of screwing Mayweather, it was more a case of making the scorecards reflect the hype for the fight.

Kotelnik was really screwed against Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Good examples, though I disagree about Dirrell-Froch. As much as I believe Dirrell won that fight, Dirrell didn't do any favors by fighting so badly for most the fight. I also don't think the judges had any intentions of screwing Mayweather, it was more a case of making the scorecards reflect the hype for the fight.

Kotelnik was really screwed against Alexander.
        Kottie is the one for me in recent memory and Lara Pwilly..

Oh by the way see ya Sunday bro,the GMEN are coming..

Comment

Vargas vs Winky

Winky was robbed

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Vargas vs Winky

Winky was robbed
            I beg to differ.

But anyway, I'd say Quartey-Forrest and Quartey-Lopez as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              Kottie is the one for me in recent memory and Lara Pwilly..

Oh by the way see ya Sunday bro,the GMEN are coming..
              The way our defense is playing, I'm not looking forward to any games the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH DUMMY View Post
                In no particular order.

Mayweather - De La Hoya (SD Mayweather)
                Everyone knows Floyd won by a wide UD, I got the impression it was scored closer to try justify a rematch. Due to how successful the build up and overall hype of the fight. Which evidentally became the most successful fight of all time.
                No so much a robbery but just terrible judging that raises questions...

Andre Dirrell-Carl Froch (SD Froch)
                Dirrell was robbed, and once again an English fighter got a gifted hometown win.

Whitaker-Chavez (Draw)
                Anyone who has seen the fight, knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Williams-Lara (MD)
                Lara landed at will with left hands and right hooks, Williams face was pretty banged up by the end of the fight.
                Another robbery, trying to get Paul Williams once hopeful career back into spotlight.

Martinez-Cintron (Draw)
                Martinez outboxed him allnight, got a knockdown (in which Cintron was counted out, yet still got to continue to fight.)
                Martinez hadn't a scratch on his face yet judges rule a majority draw?
                Disgrace.

Add what you think where robberies....

i'd go so far as to ask whether or not floyd was allowing oscar to be competitive with the hope of getting a close fight and a lucrative rematch

he was a different fighter/man then, and there werent any mainstream fights on the horizon that he could be a part of

no way he'd do it now, but i wouldnt put it past him in '07

not saying i believe he carried oscar

saying it's an idea i've considered plausible.

rodriguez and rozinsky was a nice competitive scrap (showbox about 3 weeks back)

each judge had it a shutout.
                Last edited by New England; 11-01-2011, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Matthysse vs Devon comes to mind in recent fights - Matthysse was the aggressor, he outlanded Devon in majority of the rounds, floored Devon, had him hurt several times, landed the harder shots all throughout.

Hometown bull**** decision. All this talk of ''A lot of the rounds was close'' without being bias they wasn't particularly close. I gave Devon maybe 3-4 rounds.

Same when he fought Judah & got robbed.

Comment

Also Froch beat Dirrell if anything the scorecards were too close

Comment

Working...
                    X