No announcement yet.

The difference between MMA and BOXING was soooo EVIDENT tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between MMA and BOXING was soooo EVIDENT tonight

Before i say anything i just wanna say i have nother against MMA, and find it very entertaining sometimes although i am not really a fan.

That said, just look at the two fights tonight.

Fedor needed just one punch to topple Arlovski in a fight that Arlovski was clearly winning. Pulling off a MAJOR upset in MMA is sooooo much easier. Look at the Kimbo Slice fight. All he needed to do was get lucky and stick out his right hand with his eyes closed, and he wins the fight.

In boxing to pull of a major upset like that, you need to pull off an extraordinary performance like Mosley did tonight. You cant just count on that one big punch scoring the KO in boxing. it rarely happens.

PS: i am aware Fedor of Arlovski was not an upset

Comment

The card was great. None went to the judges.

Comment

well, mosley/margarito was way more exciting than the mma card tonite

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
          Before i say anything i just wanna say i have nother against MMA, and find it very entertaining sometimes although i am not really a fan.

Fedor needed just one punch to topple Arlovski in a fight that Arlovski was clearly winning. Pulling off a MAJOR upset in MMA is sooooo much easier. Look at the Kimbo Slice fight. All he needed to do was get lucky and stick out his right hand with his eyes closed, and he wins the fight.

In boxing to pull of a major upset like that, you need to pull off an extraordinary performance like Mosley did tonight. You cant just count on that one big punch scoring the KO in boxing. it rarely happens.
          Yes 1 punch to put out a guy that has been working with supposedly the best boxing trainer in the world...

The Kimbo Slice fight was not a ****ing upset. It was called an upset by Elite XC people and uneducated MMA fans (such as yourself) as they had hyped up a streetfighter with little MMA training...

And if you had watched the fight you would have noticed Fedor seeing Arlovski jumping for the knee and then throwing out the right hand.

These guys are martial artists you moron. You underestimate their reflexes. I think I pretty much just owned you kthnxbaiiiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post

You looked at the match but you didn't see it. Watch it again. He made Arlovski think he was winning to create overconfidence. Once he saw Arlovski rev up that flying knee (boy, did he telegraph that thing), he just stepped back a bit before liftoff and threw the overhand.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
              The card was great. None went to the judges.
              I don't know about that. These Affliction fights are full of out of shape, over the hill fighters. Outside of Fedor, the rest of those chumps are done.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
                You looked at the match but you didn't see it. Watch it again. He made Arlovski think he was winning to create overconfidence. Once he saw Arlovski rev up that flying knee (boy, did he telegraph that thing), he just stepped back a bit before liftoff and threw the overhand.
                thats bull****. Fedor threw a shot with his ****en eyes closed and it landed. Thats evident by the follow up semi upper cut he through when Arlo was already on the floor.

Arlo was catching with STRAIGHT tight rights which were complimented by speed. He gave up his distance by throwing that knee and it backfired. Overconfidence my ass. This is what MMA is. Throwing a punch with your eyes closed and getting a KO.

Comment

I completely agree. I especially hate how often MMA fights end up grab fests on the floor. I know there's some skill involved in all that, but it's still incredibly boring (and ****erotic) to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    thats bull****. Fedor threw a shot with his ****en eyes closed and it landed. Thats evident by the follow up semi upper cut he through when Arlo was already on the floor.

Arlo was catching with STRAIGHT tight rights which were complimented by speed. He gave up his distance by throwing that knee and it backfired. Overconfidence my ass. This is what MMA is. Throwing a punch with your eyes closed and getting a KO.
                    This post is true but i do think that Arlovski's over confidence was his downfall, he got ahead of himself but this isnt because Fedor allowed. Arlovski was giving him trouble he saw the opening and landed the punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X