Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Errol Spence Another Shawn Porter-type Hype Job (Algieri = Malignaggi)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and in terms of Porter, i never understood the hype, he's a good athlete when matched up right.

But as a boxer, he is very poor, if you can handle his size and pressure, then you can beat him...

The guy throws punches for the sake of throwing punches, there is no rhythm to his work, i think Berto might beat him

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Lol. Who was hyping Shawn Porter tho? He lost to Julio Diaz. Damn y'all got some low expectations.

Anyways I have nothing negative to say about Brook or Spence. They knocked out a deal and gave me a fight I want to see.
      its the go to brit line. first is "remember jeff lacy!" then its "spence is a hype job like russel broner and porter"

living in a fantasy world

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        and in terms of Porter, i never understood the hype, he's a good athlete when matched up right.

But as a boxer, he is very poor, if you can handle his size and pressure, then you can beat him...

The guy throws punches for the sake of throwing punches, there is no rhythm to his work, i think Berto might beat him
        my fav line was when floyd sr said "i aint seen that man throw a straight punch yet" talking about porter

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          my fav line was when floyd sr said "i aint seen that man throw a straight punch yet" talking about porter
          Sr is spot on

I like Porter, he seems like a humble guy and he's not scared to fight anyone.

But as far as a boxer, i don't rate him particularly high. I'm not a fan of the bulldozer style.

I was watching Spence fight on YT the other day, there is no way anyone can compare his style to Porter...

Spence shows his ring IQ, there is a method behind the madness

He throws some beautifully timed shots, but we still don't know if he can take a shot and Brook has the power to hurt you....

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            its the go to brit line. first is "remember jeff lacy!" then its "spence is a hype job like russel broner and porter"

living in a fantasy world
            I understand. When you have a boxing legacy as rich and successful as the USA, you want to celebrate every time a fighter from your country gets a win. It's kind of a standard for excellence.

But bragging about defeating guys like Porter and Lacy is a bad look. At least reminisce over the wins over great fighters like Calzaghe over Hopkins.

Comment

yeah similar scenarios. just like with porter, when people talk about brook beating spence they will say spence wasnt that good in the first place, and that they never hyped him. theres a few posters on here who like to do that, rewrite history. had them saying lacy wasnt hyped not that long ago and then i bumped the calzaghe v lacy predictions thread....

Comment

These are the sort of things we find out in the ring. It's put up or shut up time!

Comment

I pay no attention to hype or what others say about a boxer,good or bad. I was an amateur boxer and I have loved boxing for many decades.I just go by what I see of that boxer and trust my own judgement.My eyes tell me Spence is the best welterweight fighting today. He has great hand speed, boxing skills punching accuracy and power with both hands. He is a vicious body puncher and his chin and stamina seem good. He will beat Brook by KO or win by many points. If he fails to do this then I overrated Spence. It will be my mistake and not due to any hype.

Comment

We'll soon find out.

Comment

Not really. I was never hyped about Porter cuz he is just a crude slugger. No skills sht technique. I knew Brook would beat him.

Spence isnt some crude slugger like Porter. He is a boxer pucher with way more dimensions to his game..

Only question is if he has the mental toughness and iq.

Comment

Working...
                      X