Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get really bad Anxiety in the Gym?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
    You might be fresh off the boat, but when we talk about weight we add the bar.

Dumbass lightweight.

Coming in here looking stupid and then get mad at me because you're a pitiful faggot
    Ha! Look at the self hater trying to earn brownie points by picking on me!

I notice you didn't challenge my claim of you not being involved with the sports team hehehe you were in the library reading your gay romance novels.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
      Of course I'm only talking about the plates doofus!

As if you were involved with the JV teams anyway. You were probably reading one of your gay romance novels in the library.
      What colour shirts do you wear when you workout? Always wear red, it will give you confidence.

Comment

i guess its a bit intimidating at first. what gym are you going to though?! ive been to some rough ones but even there people dont go out of there way to be jerks. Thing is, noone really gives a **** about how much you lift, noones thinking 'oh wow how weak is he'. And your strength will absolutely rocket up to begin with, especially if you do a program like starting strength or stronglifts youll find that you overtake people very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
          The gains WILL come if you put in the time and effort.

Once you blast through your noob gains, though, it gets a bit dicey. You either gotta take 'roids, or really work hard with heavy weight and low reps to make more gains.

Anyway - I don't know what to say about the insecurity other than EVERYBODY was once at the point you are now when they first started lifting.

I would recommend to find a gym that allows members 24/7 access so you can go at times when nobody is there (plenty of them in major metropolitan areas), or a HUGE gym like a planet fitness where you'll always find an open bench, or machine.

If you happen to go on a day where it's crowded - just use the machines. Also, the smith machine will make you look a bit stronger than you are - you can do a bit heavier weight on it - heheh.
          What's up? Why did they ban you?

Comment

You're gonna get some school playground like responses on this forum.

If you can go to a more easy going gym, with wide hours that is a good suggestion.

But I would try to use the insecurity about it all to motivate you to drive onwards. The improvements will come after a solid 3 weeks I reckon, you'll feel your making headway which will encourage you.

People judge others all the time unfortunately, often it's to pyschologically feel better about themselves.

But often times, no one cares what you're upto either. Just get outta the gym what you need and keep on trucking, it'll come good!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              i guess its a bit intimidating at first. what gym are you going to though?! ive been to some rough ones but even there people dont go out of there way to be jerks. Thing is, noone really gives a **** about how much you lift, noones thinking 'oh wow how weak is he'. And your strength will absolutely rocket up to begin with, especially if you do a program like starting strength or stronglifts youll find that you overtake people very quickly.
              They might not say it but that's exactly what they're thinking about a guy that can't bench 100lbs.

Comment

next time, just walk in there naked and start lifting. problem solved.

Comment

Start at a planet fitness. seriously thats where i started when i got back to lifting. Once you get more advanced and see more gains upgrade the gym..

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    What's up? Why did they ban you?
                    LOL trolling and baiting on NSB after GGG/Jacobs.

It was a deserved ban - I was getting a bit out of hand after the fight. No complaints from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                      Start at a planet fitness. seriously thats where i started when i got back to lifting. Once you get more advanced and see more gains upgrade the gym..
                      yall mofos tripping!!! its a freaking gym! just go and start out with some lighter weights then move up when your ready. yall act like everyone at the gym is a body builder. i see some fat ass mofos there. like someone mention, if it bother's you that much then try going at a later time where they'll be less people there.

Comment

Working...
                      X