No announcement yet.

"This is boxing not knockouts"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    Why are you being stupid on purpose? I didn't say that at all. Gg looks great vs the stumblebums. Vs an above average fighter he doesn't look so special. It's not like Golovkin has a resume of great fighters.

Why do you keep ignoring/playing dumb? This is why you always block me cause I make your 'point' look stupid every time
    The only playing dumb here is the guys who don't want to give credit to a guy who beat his opponent with boxing rather than raw power. You dudes always rave about how tactics and skill are the great equalizers.

Tactics and skill were used last night, but "exposed though".

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      You're right. Even if it is questionable and all... I mean this was supposed to be an easy win over a guy with a weak chin and an even weaker resume than Golovkin
      Lots of great fighters were supposed to have "easy wins but thats why they actually get in the ring to sort it out. But just tell my why a guy who used boxing skill and technique against a larger opponent with faster hands, is being called overhyped and exposed?

The point of boxing is to win, any way you can. Smart fighters don't rely on one style, they adjust. Gennady adjusted to the style and length of Jacobs accordingly.

For some reason, its ok for other fighters to adjust but not GGG, why?

Comment

Threads like this are pathetic. Guys like the TS constantly over exaggerate what is said about ggg for reasons I can't understand. A lot of people think ggg lost and his fans are having a hard time accepting this

It's less than 12 hours after the fight and already they have given us racial, nationalistic and cultural reasons why ggg has won the fight but will not discus the fight like a rational fan.

No one rational is suggesting ggg got exposed like he is a bum. He stepped up in comp and found himself in a tough fight that many felt he lost close. Some White fans felt he lost. Some Non Americans felt he lost. Some Black fans felt he won. There is no cultural or racial consensus opinion.

Ggg did box well but he imo lost 7-5 to a bigger, faster man that dealt with his power. Really sad that ggg fans are doing things like this. Just because posters felt other fighters won other fights doesn't mean they have to think ggg won this one since each fight is separate/

To suggest this fight is exactly like another one so the poster scoring has to see it the same is childish and ridiculous.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 03-19-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
          Pernell Whitaker is in my holy trinity of fighters, so what standard do I have?
          Wasn't talking about you but my post is more so IN GENERAL!

It is BOXING you don't get credit for what you're suppose to know how to do honestly! I just think fans need to STOP trying to downplay the Sweet Science for Power which happens too often!

This is their job they're suppose to know how to Jab, Cut the Ring off, and all that! So why would a Power Puncher get extra credit for doing what he is suppose to do. Fans just need to be CONSISTENT, the standard needs to be the same for ALL FIGHTERS not just fans FAVORITE FIGHTERS!
          Last edited by sicko; 03-19-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

The only playing dumb here is the guys who don't want to give credit to a guy who beat his opponent with boxing rather than raw power. You dudes always rave about how tactics and skill are the great equalizers.

Tactics and skill were used last night, but "exposed though".
            No one is complaining that he used skills. It's that if he's an atg his skills should be much better than Jacobs.

Not sure how you're missing the point here. Just being willfully ignorant

Comment

How do you get outboxed when you throw more, land more and have a higher connect rate?
              Did you count the punches? ggg most definitely did not throw more punches.

Comment

Lots of great fighters were supposed to have "easy wins but thats why they actually get in the ring to sort it out. But just tell my why a guy who used boxing skill and technique against a larger opponent with faster hands, is being called overhyped and exposed?

The point of boxing is to win, any way you can. Smart fighters don't rely on one style, they adjust. Gennady adjusted to the style and length of Jacobs accordingly.

For some reason, its ok for other fighters to adjust but not GGG, why?
                I think Golovkin is a good fighter. I was rooting for Jacobs but I picked Golovkin to win. I don't think he did. That doesn't mean I didn't think he fought well last night. Jacobs was just better. Now you're claiming a double standard because not everyone is raving about his boxing skills last night. He is the same guy that said he wanted a street fight against Brook. Which one is it? Is he a street fighter or a boxer. You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  No one is complaining that he used skills. It's that if he's an atg his skills should be much better than Jacobs.

Not sure how you're missing the point here. Just being willfully ignorant
                  When you are in a tough close fight with an 8-1 underdog who was the best guy you ever faced Some people may change how they see that fighter. Add to that many felt he lost and it's easy to see why some would re-evaluate how they see ggg.

He does this all the time with other boxers yet he is acting like this is new.

Comment

How do you get outboxed when you throw more, land more and have a higher connect rate?
                    Be black and dance on the back foot!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      When you are in a tough close fight with an 8-1 underdog who was the best guy you ever faced Some people may change how they see that fighter. Add to that many felt he lost and it's easy to see why some would re-evaluate how they see ggg.

He does this all the time with other boxers yet he is acting like this is new.
                      He's trying to be edgy and make an ironic thread as always but failed again. He says other greats have had close fights.

But he's overlooking those other greats proved themselves vs good fighters. Not Martin Murray and David lemeuix (who he said was better than Jacobs and won't answer my question if he still thinks that)

Comment

Working...
                      X