Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think could be improved with the BoxRec website?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think could be improved with the BoxRec website?

I am an aspiring web designer and want to create a personal project. I was thinking about designing a website like boxrec where you can get a database of boxers and news. I wanted to do some research by asking users of this forum what they think about the boxrec website, in particular the desktop version. Do you think it can be improved and in what ways? Where do you run into issues and do you think getting to certain places takes too much clicks or is something confusing? Do you think something should be more prominent than it currently is? What is the main reason you go to boxrec? Anything that you think can improve the usability and user experience will be appreciated.

taking canelo off the pound for pound number 1 spot

Comment

Originally posted by ralph-p4p View Post
      I am an aspiring web designer and want to create a personal project. I was thinking about designing a website like boxrec where you can get a database of boxers and news. I wanted to do some research by asking users of this forum what they think about the boxrec website, in particular the desktop version. Do you think it can be improved and in what ways? Where do you run into issues and do you think getting to certain places takes too much clicks or is something confusing? Do you think something should be more prominent than it currently is? What is the main reason you go to boxrec? Anything that you think can improve the usability and user experience will be appreciated.
      I have a project, already up but ****ing incomplete. Do you want us to work together? I'll send you a pm if so.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        I have a project, already up but ****ing incomplete. Do you want us to work together? I'll send you a pm if so.
        Sure, pm me and we can discuss.

Comment

sell it to Reed and the guys here at NSB.

Comment

I don't see any big improvements. It's good as it is. I like the clean interface, it's elegant and doesn't use a lot of graphics so it loads up fairly fast. Compare IMDB, Rottentomatoes and Metacritic for examples of movie review sites. I'm on fibre and Rottentomatoes is the slowest and most frustrating website, it's an assault on the senses and was fine pre-2009.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              I don't see any big improvements. It's good as it is. I like the clean interface, it's elegant and doesn't use a lot of graphics so it loads up fairly fast. Compare IMDB, Rottentomatoes and Metacritic for examples of movie review sites. I'm on fibre and Rottentomatoes is the slowest and most frustrating website, it's an assault on the senses and was fine pre-2009.
              Ok, what about for boxing news? Where do you go for that and do you find any issues there?

Comment

Put the weights of fighters, Boxrec basically ignores weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Put the weights of fighters, Boxrec basically ignores weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    Oh really didn't know thanks .

Comment

Working...
                    X