Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Erol Spence were the WBA mandatory, do u think wed get Thurman vs Spence next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    I really have no idea what the PBC has planned but I'm betting on a huge year for Spence in 2017. I have a feeling we may get Thurman vs Garcia after each have a fight (so mid-2017ish) and Spence is going another direction and will move to 154 by the end of 2017 after getting a somewhat "big" fight, maybe Porter or someone along the lines.
    Yeah man i agree, i think bs is gonna push Spence up. I highly doubt he fights Thurman or Garcia tho. Porter will fight him tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Honestly i feel Brook wanted no part of Spence. & honestly Spence is an up and comer, he hasnt proven much but at the same time i dont feel hes a pushover or a punk. Personally i think Haymon wants him to go the ibf route so his fighter can grab a quick belt. & i know itsnot set instone but i highly doubt after lil g beats down Brook, Brook returns to ww, & im sure he will hold the belt hostage til hes forced to vacate.
      The IBF is the best belt for a young fighter trying to make a name for himself. The IBF is absolutely the best route to go for Spence. Especially considering how until he gets the belt he's considered high risk low reward. But according to most people here, Brook is the #1 WW. So Spence was going straight for the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        The IBF is the best belt for a young fighter trying to make a name for himself. The IBF is absolutely the best route to go for Spence. Especially considering how until he gets the belt he's considered high risk low reward. But according to most people here, Brook is the #1 WW. So Spence was going straight for the best!
        When Mannys not retired hes the best when hes retired Bradley is. Brook barely beat Porter, Bradley would make brook look dumb.

Comment

When Mannys not retired hes the best when hes retired Bradley is. Brook barely beat Porter, Bradley would make brook look dumb.
          Oh, I agree. I'm just saying according to NSB Brook is the #1 WW. He leapfrogged Bradley and Pacquiao as soon as he signed to fight GGG

Comment

They'll probably make him interim just because it's the WBA.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              I really have no idea what the PBC has planned but I'm betting on a huge year for Spence in 2017. I have a feeling we may get Thurman vs Garcia after each have a fight (so mid-2017ish) and Spence is going another direction and will move to 154 by the end of 2017 after getting a somewhat "big" fight, maybe Porter or someone along the lines.
              i saw your point in till u said "a move to 154" spence wants garcia, porter, thruman, all of the top welterweights before he considers a move. & i agree with him. u have a hot division & its a rare division that in the sense if he can clear it out it's instant hall of fame status. the fighters that are there u can be great not everyone has that......"garcia, bradley, thurman, porter"

Comment

I don't think Thurman wants anything to do with Spence. Maybe in the future when there's more in the pot. At welterweight now, I consider Spence the best, that includes Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  I don't think Thurman wants anything to do with Spence. Maybe in the future when there's more in the pot. At welterweight now, I consider Spence the best, that includes Pacquiao.
                  C'mon man better that The Desert Storm? & yeah thats what I am getting at, Haymons steering Spence clear of his WW's. Hed rather Spence get another belt so he dont have to have them fight one another.

Comment

Maybe not next but I think Thurman would honor it eventually

Comment

C'mon man better that The Desert Storm? & yeah thats what I am getting at, Haymons steering Spence clear of his WW's. Hed rather Spence get another belt so he dont have to have them fight one another.
                      Spence will KO Bradley at this point in their careers. Bradley isn't in his Devon Alexander days. He's now older, out of shape in between fights, and somewhat damaged goods.

Comment

Working...
                      X