No announcement yet.

Backing from home country has eluded Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    It's hard to back him I think it's because he talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. I was a Khan supporter until he just talked way too much in recent years, I think it was last year when I turned on him i'm pretty sure.

Carl Froch sounded so delusional and he talked so much, but then you see him get big upset TKO wins like Bute and Taylor, and other high profile wins where he was favored and came through with the win like Abraham, Johnson, Pascal, Groves, Kessler rematch which was pretty close imo but still a win on his res.

You see Froch is likeable even though he talked a whole lot of **** and was annoying in calling out Calzaghe. He still built his own name and resume and even in a lot of fans opinion he surpassed Calzaghe. When you favored Froch to beat someone, he won. Even in his underdog role, he did come through.

Brook all though he needs to step up again, in his only underdog role he won, and that's what fans have in the back of their mind for the moment.

Khan on the other hand, this guy loses in the favored role and also has looked terrible versus guys of a lower level like Julio Diaz and Chris Algieri. It's just hard to root for him because it appears that he sucks.

Pretty sure he said he wants to fight the best and is moving up 2 weight classes putting his health at a major risk to accommodate that risk. Not sure what you are trying to say here.

For a British fighter Khan has fought the best opposition in terms of the # of "quality" wins.

Froch:

You say Khan struggles with Diaz n Algieri, yet both were former World champions yet a contender like Groves humiliated Froch before a lucky stoppage.

Talking about Glen Johnson? Thats on par with Khan beating Barrera.

Kessler by the time rematch happened was done.

Groves n Pascal are supposed to be great wins but by the time they fought Froch were contender with no achievement on their record.
    Last edited by Box-Office; 05-05-2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      You wonder why that is?
      Does it matter? Thats what happened & thats why his appeal isn't as great in the UK now. Its basic stuff.

If Floyd or Manny had taken off & fought in the UK or Macau exclusively for several years they'd likely have reduced their popularity in the US. Thats just how that works. Doesn't matter the reasons, doesn't matter the countries necessarily it just is what happens. Out of site out of mind. And US people wanna see US fighters in the US just like UK people wanna see UK fighters in the UK.

If Joshua starts fighting more exclusively at some point in this Showtime deal or a future US TV deal then he'll experience the same deal to one degree or another.

Comment

Khan gets more support here than Fury does

Khan also gets more support than Brook

This myth that Brook is some kid of celeb here, is just that a "myth". The guy couldnt even sell out his last fight in his own hometown

Fury gets a lot of hate probably because of his political views.

Khan keep his trash talk to boxing, you don't catch him talking about ****sexuals, women etc....He's not controversial, or intimidating. In actual fact he is pro ****sexuality and congratulated one of his friends for coming out.

Khan is a household name here....even though he doesnt fight here as much, and i can't fault him on that. USA is where the big boys play, which is why Degale fights in the US.

Who needs casual British fans, they are fickle people, they ride ur **** when ur winning, but soon as u lose they call you names, look how dirty they did David Price and Audley Harrison to name but a few.

Boxers need to fight for themselves, not for the pleasure of others.

This is why i respect Fury, he has called out fake fans time and time again
        Last edited by FrankieBruno; 05-05-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoliviaChiLEsp View Post
          I think is the ethnicity.

English see Khan as a pakistani I guess.
          this right here..

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
            Pretty sure he said he wants to fight the best and is moving up 2 weight classes putting his health at a major risk to accommodate that risk. Not sure what you are trying to say here.

For a British fighter Khan has fought the best opposition in terms of the # of "quality" wins.

Froch:

You say Khan struggles with Diaz n Algieri, yet both were former World champions yet a contender like Groves humiliated Froch before a lucky stoppage.

Talking about Glen Johnson? Thats on par with Khan beating Barrera.

Kessler by the time rematch happened was done.

Groves n Pascal are supposed to be great wins but by the time they fought Froch were contender with no achievement on their record.
            Carl was clearly past it when Groves met up with him.

Comment

Working...
            X