Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So was the new improved Cotto just smoke a mirrors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So was the new improved Cotto just smoke a mirrors?

He looked slow,weak and threw the same combo's over and over again last night. I was rooting for him and picked him to win,but honestly he looked pretty bad last night. At times Canelo was even playing with him and looked bored at times.
    Last edited by Larry the boss; 11-22-2015, 05:14 PM.

Or maybe he was matched really well and caught guys slipping at the right time?

It was pretty obvious

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      He looked slow,weak and threw the same combo's over and over again last night. I was rooting for him and picked him to win,but honestly he looked pretty bad last night. At time Canelo was even playing with him and looked bored at times.
      He did look a little weak and slow, wonder what was going on there. maybe age has officially caught up with him.

Comment

Well he's had nothing but soft touches since he hooked up with freddy.

Devlin Rodriguez, A shot crippled martinez and a weight drained Geale who had never fought below 160 in his life.

It's not hard to look good when you're facing weak opposition.

Comment

I thought it was competitive. Cotto didn't really fight in a way that anyone didn't expected. It was actually largely unexpected for Cotto to win, or dominate. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. We all knew Canelo was bigger and stronger and a lot of people predicted Canelo by decision. I did. Not to sound like Emmanuel Steward, rip, but the fight went exactly as I envisioned it would go.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Or maybe he was matched really well and caught guys slipping at the right time?

It was pretty obvious
            Clearly. Most people realized it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I thought it was competitive. Cotto didn't really fight in a way that anyone didn't expected. It was actually largely unexpected for Cotto to win, or dominate. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. We all knew Canelo was bigger and stronger and a lot of people predicted Canelo by decision. I did. Not to sound like Emmanuel Steward, rip, but the fight went exactly as I envisioned it would go.
              I was surprised to see so few "Alvarez by decision" votes in the master thread. Most of the predictions for him were by KO.

Comment

yes how many times do I have to say it, **** is a bum havent had a legit win since what margarito? clottely since then only wins have been asterik attached and the fights with no asteriks he got clearly defeated lol.

I can screenshot his boxrec if you guys like lol that says everything you need to know.

Comment

Definitely smoke and mirrors.

Delvin Rodriguez was a weak fight, Sergio Martinez was a shell of what he was, and Geale was clearly drained in that fight.
                  Full credit for Cotto for KO all three and looking impressive, but it was also catching the right opponents at the right time.
                  Just my opinion.

Comment

Obviously he wasn't some new found beast. But canelo was also way bigger than him. He was never gonna hurt him. He's thick as hell compared to Sergio and geale

Comment

Working...
                    X