Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Tszyu-Judah stopped too early? Should the ref have let Zab continue fighting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me first say that...I ****in' hate Jay Nady, he's a piece of ****. Every fight that I watch him ref, he has this ****ty ass authoritarian attitude like he has a stick up his ass. He's a miserable prick.

Having said that, I think Judah should have been given the full 10 count by Nady instead of quickly calling it off like he did. It was a flash knockdown and Judah clearly got up too quickly and as a result wasn't on good footing. If Nady continued to count to 10 (as he should have) Zab may or may not have made the count. In any event, the ref should give the fighter that opportunity.

Exhibit A, this is what a ref should do if a fighter rises, then falls down:

Comment

i blame zab he got up too fast he dominated the 1st round i would have like to see the fight continue.

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
        i blame zab he got up too fast he dominated the 1st round i would have like to see the fight continue.
        I'd hardly say he dominated the round. Tszyu was getting his timing down and you see the result.

Comment

How ironic I just seen it again yesterday?
          I think there is a rule if you down after getting up they stop it, Tyson did have that rule in place when he fought Berberk. Also Miles Lane is a good ref, plus old school where a champ is given every possible chance (and not in King's pocket, f Richard Steele).

Here's the thing, Zab would have got hurt really bad, Tszyu is a HOF fighter and a beast, even the fights he lost you had to walk thru fire to win, Zab's career could have been ended. Nady made the right call, Zab was in no shape to fight a still fresh fighter. The ref has to protect the fighter in live time, hard to see anyone letting Zab fight on.

Comment

Don't ever play with matches

Comment

The way he attacked Nady should tell you he was out on his feet. Haven't seen too many fighters do that, they are more respectful. Must have something to do with Brooklyn, Tyson is the only other I can think of, but Tyson didn't go after Miles Lane in the ear bite fight. Zab should have taken his time to get up, one knee and look at the ref.
              Zab was like a chicken with his head cut off, no way he would have been ready to fight Tszyu in 5-8 seconds later.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                It looked like Zab had a lot left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Az...=youtu.be&t=9s

the ref made a very good judgement call...

protecting zab who was doing the headless chicken dance was the order of the moment..

Comment

Definitely not stopped to early. Good stoppage. But it would have been nice to see Zab beaten to a pulp.

Comment

A silly and we'll never know question.But let's say he did.He'd probably be feeding through a straw and not talking 'bout being a candidate for Pacquaio!

Comment

Well from what i'm aware of, if a boxer gets knocked down and then gets back up and tumbles down again, or drops again, that is an automatic wave off/TKO. Which is why Gary Shaw became furious at Tim Braldey when he went down from a Holt hook and got up, then got back down on one knee. When you do that the ref can unquestionably stop the fight. Thing is Bradley was fine and went down on a knee because he got up too fast and decided to take the 8 count while resting. Judah on the other, he went down twice becauae he was actually disoriented from the punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X