Collapse
No announcement yet.

do CW's, fighting unranked guys, guys after beatings affect Pac legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truthfully, no. His YouTube vids still, and always will, get far more hits than Mayweather or anyone else of this last gen. People love him for the entertainment he provided and he did enough spectacular things that he'll be remembered favorably. In the end, no one cares about the minutia, they remember a fighter for the entertainment he brought.

Comment

You rank Ricardo Lopez over Manny and Mccallum? Which of Lopez's wins are better than wins over MAB, Morales, JMM, Cotto, **** even a Tim Bradley? Or Mccallum's wins Julian Jackson, Stevie Collins, Sumbu Kalambay, D Curry etc?

Comment

It's been slightly overrated, but the answer is no.

Comment

fighter
          of
          the
          decade

Comment

Originally posted by LesMoonves BOSS View Post
            fighter
            of
            the
            decade
            so what>>>roach the joke coach always wins trainer of the year over nad over despite loss after loss,,at this point its a populerity contest or the fact that they feel sorry for toradolquiao after ktfo6

Comment

Only issue I had was the Margarito fight. That was a joke. I can't believe the baklas have the nerve to credit that as a title win at 154 against a past prime cheater who wasn't even ranked and was at 150. Disgraceful fight!

Comment

The Pacquaio legacy is totally sound and solid. His career was astounding; his fights were thrilling; he destroyed strong fighters with spectacular speed and strangeness.

He and Mayweather are the top fighters of their time; all criticisms are only minor. In the big picture, his legacy can't be budged. He was a notch below Floyd, but he was also the smaller guy, as Floyd was smaller than a Bernard Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  What about marquez, morales, barrera.. Multiple times... I'm pretty sure that's when manny's legacy was set.. Everything after that is gravy
                  I will give you Barrera and Marquez, but please stop with the Morales stuff. He was past it AND could barely make weight when Pac beat him(hence to overweight penalty & insistance of the fight being at 130). His record after beating Pac was 4-7.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    What about marquez, morales, barrera.. Multiple times... I'm pretty sure that's when manny's legacy was set.. Everything after that is gravy
                    He lost to Morales the first time,.....after Morales was having hard time making weight at that class..Morales also was coming off a loss to Rahim... Manny has him come back down in weight to 130...he looked like one of the kids from the "feed the hungry for 10¢ a day" commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                      The Pacquaio legacy is totally sound and solid. His career was astounding; his fights were thrilling; he destroyed strong fighters with spectacular speed and strangeness.

He and Mayweather are the top fighters of their time; all criticisms are only minor. In the big picture, his legacy can't be budged. He was a notch below Floyd, but he was also the smaller guy, as Floyd was smaller than a Bernard Hopkins
                      All due respect to Hopkins but Floyd beat better comp than him n also is tied for most lineal titles n has more lineal titles defenses as well....Floyd has the skills n know how of my boy b hops but adds near rjj reflexes n wasn't quite as gifted physically close from 96-04...pretty boy Floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X