No announcement yet.

do CW's, fighting unranked guys, guys after beatings affect Pac legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do CW's, fighting unranked guys, guys after beatings affect Pac legacy

I for one think it does. His "historic run" above lightweight is pretty overrated and the media fed into it without informing casual fans of the details. DLH, Cotto, Margarito, Bradley, Algieri, Rios, and JMM were all fighting him outside of their best weight class. Also Mosely hadn't looked impressive in years before he and Manny met

Also when he faced Bradley in fight one, he was unranked at ww, as was Rios, JMM, Algieri, DLH, nor was Margarito who he fought for the vacant wbc title at 150.

Cotto, Mosley, Bradley, and Clottey were the only ranked fighters he beat above 140 since 2008 at the time they fought....that's 7 years....that's not impressive with other fighters fight top ten comp consistently and get bashed

I consider him to be one of the top ten greatest fighters of the past 30 years...along with Mayweather, Ricardo Lopez, Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, Evander Holyfield, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker, Mike McCallum, James Toney

It would be hard pressed to rank Manny over Mayweather, Ricardo Lopez, Hopkins, Holyfield, Roy Jones, or Pernell Whitaker on an all-time great list....the other guys resume and skills were comparable to Manny's.....he never was the top ten all-time great that the media wanted him to be...the guy who was gonna rid the world of Mayweather, or any of that.....just another guy who was one of the best of his era, but was one of the most beloved fighters of all time...nothing is wrong with that.

absolutely,,plus the fact that he was basially a EPO filled junkie at the time

Comment

Sure, if you apply the same standards with Mayweather. That's not going to happen though. Many people, especially on here, like to pick and choose to make their favorite boxers look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        Sure, if you apply the same standards with Mayweather. That's not going to happen though. Many people, especially on here, like to pick and choose to make their favorite boxers look good.
        wow that didnt take loneg for some idiotic fanboys to start name dropping floyd lol,,,

Comment

What about marquez, morales, barrera.. Multiple times... I'm pretty sure that's when manny's legacy was set.. Everything after that is gravy

Comment

Mayweather was never beloved and his accomplishments get belittled on a consistent basis....this is not a Mayweather-Pac thread....this a Pacquaio legacy thread

Manny has faults, mistakes, and fought some non-descript opposition and gets a pass for it because " he lil doe"

Mayweather has defeated 14 current or future world champions/titlsts in a row since 2006...only Marquez who was the lightweight champion was not ranked in the weight class they fought in, as well as Sharmba Mitchell who was his ww debut opponent. The other 12 were former or current champions and also were ranked in the weight class they fought at
            Its hard to ignore the facts, doe

Comment

Mayweather and Pacquiao both used CW's but Pacquiao did it more.

Comment

Originally posted by GRIP STACCIN View Post
                wow that didnt take loneg for some idiotic fanboys to start name dropping floyd lol,,,
                Who am I a fan boy of? How is giving someone the same credit idiotic?

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                Mayweather was never beloved and his accomplishments get belittled on a consistent basis....this is not a Mayweather-Pac thread....this a Pacquaio legacy thread

Manny has faults, mistakes, and fought some non-descript opposition and gets a pass for it because " he lil doe"

Mayweather has defeated 14 current or future world champions/titlsts in a row since 2006...only Marquez who was the lightweight champion was not ranked in the weight class they fought in, as well as Sharmba Mitchell who was his ww debut opponent. The other 12 were former or current champions and also were ranked in the weight class they fought at
                Its hard to ignore the facts, doe

You don't have to tell me some of Mayweather's accomplishments. I know a lot of them and he does deserve some credit for it.

Mayweather vs Canelo was fought at a catch weight. Hard to ignore facts doe. Right?!?!

Comment

Who am I a fan boy of? How is giving someone the same credit idiotic?

You don't have to tell me some of Mayweather's accomplishments. I know a lot of them and he does deserve some credit for it.

Mayweather vs Canelo was fought at a catch weight. Hard to ignore facts doe. Right?!?!
                  it was a catchweight with an undefeated young fighter who was the titleholder and weighed in just one pound more prior to the fight.....not a catchweight against an unranked guy, for a vacant title, Margarito was 2 fights removed from getting KTFO

now you tell me which one is more impressive

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    it was a catchweight with an undefeated young fighter who was the titleholder and weighed in just one pound more prior to the fight.....not a catchweight against an unranked guy, for a vacant title, Margarito was 2 fights removed from getting KTFO

now you tell me which one is more impressive

lol here we go. Pac CW vs Cotto wasnt good but Floyd cw vs Canelo was OK. Dont ever call no one a fanboy cause ur all abt it my man

Comment

Working...
                    X