Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be considered the A-side in negotiations between Cotto and Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    How about the only person who deserves to be. If you don't know the answer you are clearly trolling, actually this is a pure bait thread, lol, it isn't even a discussion.
    Answer the question lame lol

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
      Seeing as it's on a Mexican holiday and most likely in Vegas (mostly Mexican territory), I think Miguel deserves 60/40. Not to mention if they were to fight for the MW title, he's the one with the belt.
      Well maybe he should have taken your advice during the martinez negotiations

Comment

I don't really know... But depending how Canelo did this Sat Id say him judging by the dates and common opponent. Still, it's weird... Probably be 50/50 or around there but Cotto will likely make negotiating an issue depending on his stance. I think Canelo seems like the bigger name lately. For all intents and purposes, it seemed Cotto was tryin to get a win to fight Canelo or Floyd...

Comment

Clearly Cotto just look at their gurantees in their last fight with Cotto getting 7 milllion guranteed and Canelo 1.5 million. Cotto also has the better overall PPV numbers/TV Ratings, has the belt at 160, has a name value at 160-154 that no one else has and brings the eat coast PPV numbers. People also need to realize that Cotto has options if Canelo doesnt meet his demands he can easily call Floyd and fight him and make even more money so Canelo doesnt have a better option than to agree and be the B sid.

If Cotto wants it to be Cotto-Canelo it will be Cotto-Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            I don't really know... But depending how Canelo did this Sat Id say him judging by the dates and common opponent. Still, it's weird... Probably be 50/50 or around there but Cotto will likely make negotiating an issue depending on his stance. I think Canelo seems like the bigger name lately. For all intents and purposes, it seemed Cotto was tryin to get a win to fight Canelo or Floyd...
            How was Cotto trying to get a win to fight Canelo when he turned down that fight in July(Offer of 10 million) to fight Sergio? Cotto choses who he fights at this point is not like Canelo will choose him. That right there proves who is in control.

Comment

50/50. But Screw this fight

GGG VS Cotto

Canelo vs Chavez.

Comment

If I remember correctly during the Martinez negotiations Canelo said he wouldn't wait for Cotto's response... and a week later he was still at it. Beating Laras didn't change anything also imo. Saving money from taxes is the key that's why the fight most likely would be held in Vegas best believe if it wasn't for that cinnamon role would be forced to bring that ass to NY.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  How about the only person who deserves to be. If you don't know the answer you are clearly trolling, actually this is a pure bait thread, lol, it isn't even a discussion.
                  Look at this delusional fck thinkin his opinion is etched in stone lol..its really sad

Comment

Interesting question. They both have leverage. Cotto is the champion and has the bigger name as he has been in the sport longer. He is not a guy that is afraid to use his leverage.
                    But the Martinez PPV was a flop despite being on his holiday and in MSG.
                    Canelo brings the Mexican fanbase, the biggest in the sport. He can point to their head to head PPV matches with Mayweather. Cotto doing 1.5 million buys, Canelo 2.2. It may come down to how well the Lara PPV numbers turn out.
                    I think Cotto will force the fight at a lower weight, which shouldn't be a problem for Canelo, while Ginger will get more money than team Cotto may want to give up initially. I don't think there is a clear cut A side in this one.

Comment

it all depends on canelo-lara ppv numbers, cotto is not the same draw he used to be and his fight with martinez should have done a lot more, so if canelo does bigger numbers vs no-name lara then is clear who the bigger draw is...

Comment

Working...
                      X