Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the biggest hype job in boxing today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lomachenko has huge praise for his Olympic days but, still want to see more on how it will translate to the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Who is claiming Fury is a top fighter? Nobody.
      Himself - "greatest fighter there is, was, or ever will be - any fighting sport"

Definitely get's my vote as one of, if not the most hyped, what a tool.

Comment

tyson fury by far.

Comment

I picked Fury, Wilder and Canelo. Even though Canelo just took a loss I guess its kind of hard to even call him a major hype job anymore because People heavily pick Lara to defeat him.

Comment

Fury/Lomachenko/Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              Another one. Who is hyping Wilder? Who?

They need to be "hyped" to qualify. No?
              Most American fans who want an American heavyweight champ? Ok, on this forum there aren't too many casual fans so we can see through the hype for what he has really accomplished - beaten 30 tomato cans, but the general fan/broadcaster/armchair critic of the current era definitely thinks that Wilder is the next big thing while he has this perfect ko record and is a hurricane who can take out any1 in the division with 1 spin of the windmill.

To quote a user from this forum "Wilder would 'ice' Wlad"

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                Most American fans who want an American heavyweight champ? Ok, on this forum there aren't too many casual fans so we can see through the hype for what he has really accomplished - beaten 30 tomato cans, but the general fan/broadcaster/armchair critic of the current era definitely thinks that Wilder is the next big thing while he has this perfect ko record and is a hurricane who can take out any1 in the division with 1 spin of the windmill.

To quote a user from this forum "Wilder would 'ice' Wlad"
                Oh I guess this is Jloro ....there's always one

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                  Was reading a thread and saw this being mentioned and thought to myself, ok, why not! Let's see what people really think and let's expose who NSB really thinks is the real deal or true hype jobs!

Now, i'm not personally saying any of these boxers are hype jobs, they are simply some which we all know have been accused of being such.

I'll make a poll with whoever I can think of off the top of my head:

GGG
                  Sergey Kovalev
                  Tim Bradley
                  Deontay Wilder
                  Rigo
                  Canelo
                  Mikey Garcia
                  Erislandy Lara
                  Lomachenko
                  Tyson Fury

Seems like enough,

Vote and Discuss!

These are the most popular picks, feel free to name and shame any others you feel deserve a mention in the comments!
                  How are some of those names hype jobs??

first off, the biggest p4p hype job in boxing already got beat so enough of that.

Can't see how Canelo can still be on that list, he got totally out classed by Mayweather in 2nd gear.

Rigo is a hype job too?

jeezus, I'm out

Comment

I gotta go with canelo,, everyone on the list is proven but wilder, and wilder nobody really takes serious anyways..

Alot of people think canelo is the next golden boy, and will be a huge star for years to come, but i just dont see it.. He is a good fighter, but nothing special in my eyes, fernando vargas was much better IMO

If canelo didnt get the hype and declared a ppv star he would be much better off, but with all the praise and hype, i have to consider him the most over hyped guy today

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      How are some of those names hype jobs??

first off, the biggest p4p hype job in boxing already got beat so enough of that.

Can't see how Canelo can still be on that list, he got totally out classed by Mayweather in 2nd gear.

Rigo is a hype job too?

jeezus, I'm out
                      As I say man, these aren't my picks, these are just names that I see and hear around these forums as still hype jobs, or guys that still havn't proven themselves/still are seen as future stars etc. Some on here are still not sold on Rigo - you must have seen it? And Canelo - exactly, he was a hype job before and got exposed as more of a prospect, yet he it still seen by some as a future P4P top star as he's young and been tipped for the top by Floyd.

But again, I repeat, I personally only think a few of this list are true hype jobs, i.e Fury, Wilder

Comment

Working...
                      X