No announcement yet.

Do you support assisted suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    What if a perfectly healthy normal person just wants to die, has done for a while and pays for the procedure themselves?
    This seems to be the question that always prevents a nation for making it legal.

I would argue that no "perfectly healthy" person wants to die. If the person in question is in exemplary physical condition yet still desires death then obviously they're mentally ill on some level and require extensive psychiatric care, not an assisted suicide.

Comment

If someone wants to kill themself what am I gonna do to stop it.

If you **** up killing yourself you gotta be stupid as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        I see people on their dying bed everyday some of them clearly in pain and I always wonder if they rather just pass to stop the suffering...

do I support it...sure, everyone should decide what to do with their life if they get to that point in life or whoever has the power of attorney should have the right to decide...

I personally wouldn't go that route but I wouldn't want to be kept alive by machines either.
        But you're a Christian man, aren't you, Jose? It was my understanding that suicide is considered a mortal sin in the Christian faith.

So how can one of Christian faith reconcile their support for assisted suicide with their religion of choice?

Comment

Yes, the way I have seen it done in Switzerland is very dignified.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
              Have you seen this?

(Excellent one hour documentary on the subject, for those interested.)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Have you seen this?

(Excellent one hour documentary on the subject, for those interested.)
                I saw one where someone's wife was trying to get him to kill himself but he kept saying no (by blinking) and she got really angry.

Comment

Here it is:

Looks like he hates his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
                    Here it is:

Looks like he hates his wife.

The man seems mobile enough to no include laws, regulations into this. Is he terminally ill? Then simply stopping his medication or getting off the tubes is enough, and assistance by default.

Otherwise, he can just get out of there and kill himself with a gun or jump off or hanging.

Comment

And yes I support it if you are in fact confirmed as terminally ill. I support this either with the person making the decision for him/herself while still able OR a legal representative making that choice for him.

Other then that, why get bogged down in this would be medical procedure bureaucracy crap with contracts, Doctors and whatnot. If you're paralyzed or an amputee, you shouldn't off yourself through medical means by going to the Doctor. Go ask a friend, relative, write a note to give him/her an alibi and good riddance. If you wanna get killed with a gun, overdose on aspirins, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X