No announcement yet.

Ward v Dawson RBR/Pre/Post fight discussion master thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Fair enough but that wasn't my point. What I'm saying is that if he really walked around at 180, he wouldn't be proudly telling people how he's been in the gym for four weeks and lost two pounds (178). He probably walks around at 190.
    thats a good point.

maybe it was scully and not dawson who said he walks around at 180. scully just started training him again and chad basically stayed in the gym between the hopkins fights, between that and scully primarily training him early in his career he might have been mistakes as to how heavy chad really walks around at.

i still dont think hes all the way up to 190 though, at least not most of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      thats a good point.

maybe it was scully and not dawson who said he walks around at 180. scully just started training him again and chad basically stayed in the gym between the hopkins fights, between that and scully primarily training him early in his career he might have been mistakes as to how heavy chad really walks around at.

i still dont think hes all the way up to 190 though, at least not most of the time.
      I would guess he is. Again, if he lost just two pounds he wouldn't be bragging about it. Dawson always comes in between 185 and 192. Yeah, he definitely walks around over 190.

Comment

• WARd..........

Comment

• if i had to I'd punt for ward but i'm not at all certain about this one.

Comment

• Ward vs Dawson is gonna be fun.
            I can't wait.

As for the winner.....I think Ward will be to crafty for Dawson.
            Ward by UD

Comment

I would guess he is. Again, if he lost just two pounds he wouldn't be bragging about it. Dawson always comes in between 185 and 192. Yeah, he definitely walks around over 190.
              that part is not true, he doesnt always come in at 185-192. and i dont think he walks around over 190 other than on rare occassions.

Comment

that part is not true, he doesnt always come in at 185-192. and i dont think he walks around over 190 other than on rare occassions.
                When was the last time he came in under 185? I'm about to pop out my collection of his fights to double-check.

Comment

When was the last time he came in under 185? I'm about to pop out my collection of his fights to double-check.
                  he was light for harding although that was a long time ago, mendoza too. he was right around 185 for diaconu, give or take 2 lbs or so.
                  Last edited by #1Assassin; 08-05-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

he was light for harding although that was a long time ago, mendoza too. he was right around 185 for diaconu, give or take 2 lbs or so.
                    Dawson hasn't come under 185 in eons.

Comment

• surprised dawson isn't getting more votes.

but with that said I voted Ward. I just think he's going to make it rough & nasty and get on the inside of dawson where Ward has a great inside game and that may be one of dawson's weak points. Dawson will have moments of brilliance but he wont be consistent, allowing for Ward to fight his kind of fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X