Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Jobs describes iCloud – in 1997 (with video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Steve Jobs describes iCloud – in 1997 (with video)

Sep 23, 2011 - 05:30 PM EDT — AAPL: 404.30 (+2.48, +0.62%) | NASDAQ: 2483.23 (+27.56, +1.12%)

Steve Jobs describes iCloud – in 1997 (with video)

Saturday, September 24, 2011

“Steve Jobs got a lot off his chest in his Q&A session with developers at WWDC 1997 — the first after he returned to Apple from his years in the desert at NeXT,” Philip Elmer-DeWitt reports for Fortune.
    “What is perhaps most relevant today, a week or so before Apple is expected to launch iCloud, is the part where Jobs describes his vision for what is now known as cloud computing,” P.E.D. reports.

Full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: Jobs’ closing words read like an iCloud ad: “I can’t communicate to you how awesome this is, unless you use it. And what you would decide in a day or two is that carrying around these non-connected computers, or computers with tons of state in them, tons of data and state in them, is Byzantine by comparison.”

I can't wait to see what Apple have in store for the future.

Nobody gives a ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Comment

We call that the internet Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
        We call that the internet Steve.

That was not the internet in 1997.

Comment

thinner lighter and run slightly faster. you pay loadsss moarrrrrrr

wwwwwiiiinnnnnn

Comment

Originally posted by SCAR- View Post
            thinner lighter and run slightly faster. you pay loadsss moarrrrrrr

wwwwwiiiinnnnnn

For a mobile device speed, weight and size is pretty important.

And............

Intel, PC assemblers struggle to get ‘ultrabooks’ below $1,000
            Thursday, September 8, 2011 · 9:44 am · 17 Comments

“Intel has recently been aggressively cooperating with notebook chassis suppliers hoping to achieve the goal of dropping Ultrabook prices to below US$1,000, and Intel is currently focusing on pushing plastic and fiberglass hybrid chassis for the new machines, according to sources from the PC supply chain,” Aaron Lee and Joseph Tsai report for DigiTimes.

“The sources pointed out that magnesium-aluminum alloy chassis are still the top choice for Ultrabooks, but limited by capacity and price, most of brand vendors are unable to offer an end price below the targeted US$1,000, and the three already-launched Ultrabooks from Acer, Lenovo and Toshiba are all estimated to have end price higher,” Lee and Tsai report.

Read more in the full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: Apple’s MacBook Air isn’t so easy to knockoff, huh?

“Ultrabooks?” Pfft. There’s only one true family of “ultra” ‘Books: Apple’s.

http://macdailynews.com/2011/09/08/i...ks-below-1000/
            Last edited by COVID-19; 09-25-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Do you have Lion yet, Break?

I dunno, looks kinda like a step backward to me. I'm not liking the whole "mobile computing" thing Apple seems to be so fond of. I haven't updated yet.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
                That was not the internet in 1997.
                Cloud Computing was written as a theory in 1960's Fully explained in a book in late 60's

"Cloud" services were available in the 90's.

Learn about technology and learn about what Cisco was doing.

Hell even Real Player was doing "cloud" computing.

"Cloud" is just a BUZZWORD.

but im sure the ******s who buy apple products dont care or deny, they just like to buy stuff that costs 2x as much as any competitor and getting half the usage and technology

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                  "Cloud" services were available in the 90's.

Learn about technology and learn about what Cisco was doing.

Hell even Real Player was doing "cloud" computing.

"Cloud" is just a BUZZWORD.

but im sure the ******s who buy apple products dont care or deny, they just like to buy stuff that costs 2x as much as any competitor and getting half the usage and technology

The "Cloud" then was something that only I.T people would have access to and know about back then. Apple are making it available to the masses without having to know anything about it.

Apple's use of the cloud computing is seamless and doesn't need knowledge of servers to use.

Apple haters will deny everything that they use as a computer right now is influenced and copied from Apple anyway.........LOL!

Comment

Working...
                  X