What color was Jesus?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Jesus?.......

Comment

Ham is the father of the black race his 4 sons were Cush (Ethiopia), Mizraim (Egypt), Phut (Libya), and Canaan (middle east)...Todays middle east is not the same as biblical times... Ethiopia itself stretched well into the present day middle east...In biblical times the whole area was a melting pot between Hamitic people(blacks) and Semitic people(arabs)...Jesus was a descendant of these people...Jewish is not a race but a religion...Jesus regardless of admixture by today's terms would be called black...All of the ancient portraits and statues of the Virgin Mary and Jesus have them portrayed as black it was not until later when white Jesus and Mary show up...look for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_of_Montserrat
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_M...%C4%99stochowa

Jesus genetically was both Semitic and Hamitic...he got his Hamitic DNA from Rahab the Canaanite and also from Jezebel through her daughter Ahaziah whose offspring continued that Hamitic line up until the birth of Jesus...

So basically Jesus was either Semitic/Middle Eastern/Black.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        Nice try but if you have ever touched wool you would know that it is curly and nappy. I've yet to see a white person with hair as it's described here. It says "as if burned in a furnace" burned things come out dark last time I checked. Oh and it said burned not burnished.
        Yeah ive touched wool, im a master knitter who spins my own yarn. have you ever touched wool? have you ever touched wool after its been washed? i dont know what your definition of nappy is but clean wool is nothing nothing like an african Americans hair.

NIV

15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.

King james

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

New King james

His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace,

New american standard bible

His (BC)feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His (BD)voice was like the sound of many waters.

English standard version

his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace,

yeah soooo which one is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
          Yeah ive touched wool, im a master knitter who spins my own yarn. have you ever touched wool? have you ever touched wool after its been washed? i dont know what your definition of nappy is but clean wool is nothing nothing like an african Americans hair.

NIV

15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.

King james

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

New King james

His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace,

New american standard bible

His (BC)feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His (BD)voice was like the sound of many waters.

English standard version

his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace,

yeah soooo which one is it?
          Please even if a white person sits in the sun all day they will never be the dark brown like burnt brass, bronze or whatever. Face it Jesus was either semitic or black. The only white people living in the Middle East and Africa back then were probably lepers.

Ham is the father of the black race his 4 sons were Cush (Ethiopia), Mizraim (Egypt), Phut (Libya), and Canaan (middle east)...Todays middle east is not the same as biblical times... Ethiopia itself stretched well into the present day middle east...In biblical times the whole area was a melting pot between Hamitic people(blacks) and Semitic people(arabs)...Jesus was a descendant of these people...Jewish is not a race but a religion...Jesus regardless of admixture by today's terms would be called black...All of the ancient portraits and statues of the Virgin Mary and Jesus have them portrayed as black it was not until later when white Jesus and Mary show up...look for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_of_Montserrat
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_M...%C4%99stochowa

Jesus genetically was both Semitic and Hamitic...he got his Hamitic DNA from Rahab the Canaanite and also from Jezebel through her daughter Ahaziah whose offspring continued that Hamitic line up until the birth of Jesus...

So basically Jesus was either Semitic/Middle Eastern/Black.

Comment

Also last time I checked jesus was a Hebrew right. Hebrew's are Semitic not white. Zero chance or Jesus being white.

The concept of "Semitic" peoples is derived from Biblical accounts of the origins of the cultures known to the ancient Hebrews. Those closest to them in culture and language were generally deemed to be descended from their forefather Shem. Enemies were often said to be descendants of his cursed nephew, Canaan. In Genesis 10:21-31, Shem is described as the father of Aram, Asshur, and Arpachshad: the Biblical ancestors of the Arabs, Aramaeans, Assyrians, Babylonians, Chaldeans, Sabaeans, and Hebrews, etc., all of whose languages are closely related; the language family containing them was therefore named Semitic by linguists. However, the Canaanites and Amorites also spoke a language belonging to this family, and are therefore also termed Semitic in linguistics, despite being described in Genesis as sons of Ham (See Sons of Noah). Shem is also described in Genesis as the father of Elam and Lud, although the Elamites and Lydians usually thought to descend from these spoke languages that were not Semitic.

The hypothetical Proto-Semitic language, ancestral to historical Semitic languages in the Middle East, is thought to have been originally from either the Arabian Peninsula (particularly around Yemen) or the adjacent Ethiopian highlands. But its region of origin is still much debated and uncertain with, for example, a recent bayesian analysis identifying an origin for Semitic languages in the Levant around 5,750 BP with a single introduction from southern Arabia into Africa around 2,800 BP.[3] The Semitic language family is also considered a component of the larger Afroasiatic macro-family of languages. Identification of the hypothetical proto-Semitic region of origin is therefore dependent on the larger geographic distributions of the other language families within Afroasiatic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic

Comment

Just read the bible it gives a description:

Revelation 1:14-17
              His head and his hairs were white like wool(wooly hair, is rough), as white as snow and his eyes were as a flame of fire. and his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace (when your feet are burned in a furnace, they are black)(so dark skinned person with white wooly hair and red eyes, like a flame of fire) so....there you have. Always read the Bible for answers, start at the beginning and work your way to the end.

Now this is just me but wooly sounds like nappy to me and like brass muss mean brown skin so doesn't sound like a white person at all. Jesus would either look like an Arab or Black person. Zero chance of being white.
              Saying someone's head and hairs are white like wool, doesn't mean the consistency of that hair is like wool. Ditto with the white as snow comparison. Since he was killed in his early 30's, chances are they were describing a blonde haired man, rather that an old, white haired man. Which of course would've been an anomaly for a semitic man of that era. Chances are he looked a lot like this:

But if it helps you sleep at night thinking he was black, feel free. Personally I find it rather amusing.

Comment

Also last time I checked jesus was a Hebrew right. Hebrew's are Semitic not white. Zero chance or Jesus being white.

The concept of "Semitic" peoples is derived from Biblical accounts of the origins of the cultures known to the ancient Hebrews. Those closest to them in culture and language were generally deemed to be descended from their forefather Shem. Enemies were often said to be descendants of his cursed nephew, Canaan. In Genesis 10:21-31, Shem is described as the father of Aram, Asshur, and Arpachshad: the Biblical ancestors of the Arabs, Aramaeans, Assyrians, Babylonians, Chaldeans, Sabaeans, and Hebrews, etc., all of whose languages are closely related; the language family containing them was therefore named Semitic by linguists. However, the Canaanites and Amorites also spoke a language belonging to this family, and are therefore also termed Semitic in linguistics, despite being described in Genesis as sons of Ham (See Sons of Noah). Shem is also described in Genesis as the father of Elam and Lud, although the Elamites and Lydians usually thought to descend from these spoke languages that were not Semitic.

The hypothetical Proto-Semitic language, ancestral to historical Semitic languages in the Middle East, is thought to have been originally from either the Arabian Peninsula (particularly around Yemen) or the adjacent Ethiopian highlands. But its region of origin is still much debated and uncertain with, for example, a recent bayesian analysis identifying an origin for Semitic languages in the Levant around 5,750 BP with a single introduction from southern Arabia into Africa around 2,800 BP.[3] The Semitic language family is also considered a component of the larger Afroasiatic macro-family of languages. Identification of the hypothetical proto-Semitic region of origin is therefore dependent on the larger geographic distributions of the other language families within Afroasiatic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic
                Im not saying he was white, i'm just saying he wasnt black.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Saying someone's head and hairs are white like wool, doesn't mean the consistency of that hair is like wool. Ditto with the white as snow comparison. Since he was killed in his early 30's, chances are they were describing a blonde haired man, rather that an old, white haired man. Which of course would've been an anomaly for a semitic man of that era. Chances are he looked a lot like this:

But if it helps you sleep at night thinking he was black, feel free. Personally I find it rather amusing.
                  Funny but that picture doesn't look anything like a semitic man. Doesn't even look Arabic at all. I've been to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan while I was in the army. Most Arabs/Semites are only a bit lighter than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                    Im not saying he was white, i'm just saying he wasnt black.
                    Well fact was most of the people living in that area at the time had skin that would be described as black today. Did you know that Moses wife was Ethiopian also black?

And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman" (Num. 12.1).

Listen one of Jesus' ancestors was Rahab remember her?

Jesus' male ancestors trace a line from Shem. However, ethnically and racially, they were mixed Semitic and Hamitic from the times spent in captivity in Egypt and Babylon.

Rahab and probably Tamar were Canaanites. Although Canaanites spoke a Semitic language, they were descendants of Ham through his son Canaan. Bethsheba, who had been the wife of Uriah the Hittite, probably was a Hittite herself, possibly a Hamitic Hittite, though scholars disagree on the precise identity of the "Hittites" in the Bible because historical records are quite scarce.
                    Last edited by BoxingTech718; 07-21-2010, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Funny but that picture doesn't look anything like a semitic man. Doesn't even look Arabic at all. I've been to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan while I was in the army. Most Arabs/Semites are only a bit lighter than I am.
                      I don't know how dark you are, but I've been to Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and most of them were the same complexion as me (mixture of Mexican and white.) Surely you're not implying semites are somehow closer to black than to white.
                      Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 07-21-2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X