Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wladamir Klitschko A ATG Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parody View Post
    No doubt. I have Wlad #16 in the Heavyweight list.. I consider him a Heavyweight ATG, its not his fault if he is unable to get good opponents due to lack of competition. He would give a good fight to most ATG's and maybe even beat some. He has the skills to do it, maybe in his next few fights (If he beats Haye and Povetkin) he moves to top 10-12, the dude is dominating every single fighter they put in front of him and you cant fault him for that...and the people who say he is boring, at the end of the day he is coming out with the W's in his record and thats what matters, winning the fight.
    agreed. I also have him top 20. somewhere between 14 and 18

Comment

Even Steward admitted things on ESB like Klitchko only giving it 60% in his fights that are being boycotted by the TV networks. He also said that this Heavyweight era is the worst he can recall. Steward has a lot of credibility. Why question him? Frazier and Foreman gave it all they had in the ring. Ali and Lewis did too. All time greats don't give only 60% of themselves like Steward by his own admission admits Vladimir Klitchko has been doing. Hall of famer for sure, but ATG? Me thinks not.

Comment

Guy got knocked out by journeyman and didn't avenge the losses infact he sent his older brother to do the business. He has no real standout wins either.

Depends on what size your ATG HW list is anyway, he certainly doesn't break the top 10 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          Even Steward admitted things on ESB like Klitchko only giving it 60% in his fights that are being boycotted by the TV networks. He also said that this Heavyweight era is the worst he can recall. Steward has a lot of credibility. Why question him? Frazier and Foreman gave it all they had in the ring. Ali and Lewis did too. All time greats don't give only 60% of themselves like Steward by his own admission admits Vladimir Klitchko has been doing. Hall of famer for sure, but ATG? Me thinks not.
          agree wholeheartedly!
          couldn't of said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
            Care to give some examples of heavyweights that America has hyped as all time greats that were not? I'll wait. Also, name all of the American fighters that Russia has ever "hyped". Country's tend to back up their native fighters. That doesn't only happen in America.
            You should learn how to read. I said IF THE KLITS DIDN'T EXIST.

Comment

If Joe Louis was knocking out bums every month and is considered one of the best EVER then why can't Wlad be one by beating top 10 opponents constantly??

Comment

I think he definitely will be after his career is over, but right now it's borderline. In one sense it would be wonderful to see if someone can push him to be greater, in another sense it's cool that he is dominating and hardly losing a round. The problem is there aren't many established heavyweights that will give him credibility if he beats them. If he beats Haye, then people will say he beat a blown up cruiserweight. If he beats Povetkin then he was too green etc. But when it's all over, people will look back and say "Wow, he really was something!"

Comment

not yet, but he's on the road to becoming one.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
                    agree wholeheartedly!
                    couldn't of said it better.
                    You must really hate Wladimir, because you voted in the poll with your main account plus your three alts (Maxwell, Cleotis, and richiemerc).

Comment

anyone who dominates an entire era is an ATG period. It doesn't matter how weak that era is PERCEIVED to be, it's still an entire era period. Doesn't mean he's the GOAT, but he's easily an ATG.

Comment

Working...
                      X