Extreme Bicep Soreness!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Bicep Soreness!

Hi

I have recetnly started lifting weights. And last week I was doing bicep curls. I was lifting rather heavy and doing alot of sets.

Afterwards my biceps were pretty sore, but not that much. About a day or two later I woke up with immense pain in my left bicep. It was so painfull just stretch to my arm fully out.

My left arm is now always in a 90 degree angle, as it's so painfull to stretch it and it really hurts when I also curl it up.

What shall I do, it been 3 days, and the pain is still really bad. Is this natural, how do i cure it?

Thanks

Cut your arm off, it's the only way to stop the pain.

Comment

If you just started lifting, then that's rather normal. Just make sure you are stretching, getting a lot of protein, water, potatssium in your diet.

Comment

Yeah it's natural, especially if you've not been lifting for long.

Just wait until you have to tackle a flight of stairs or lean down to get something from a low shelf a day or two after a leg workout. A sore bicep will seem like nothing.

But it's like being raped: the first time is usually the worst. After that you body adapts. You'll still be sore but not as much.

Comment

If there is alot of bruising then you may of torn your bicep tendon. If not you probably strained it badly. I had a similar problem with my bicep and it took a while to sort out. I ended up having to go to the doctor. It is very important to stretch out that tendon as it is a nasty and common injury especially amount power lifters. It the pain does not subside soon go see a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by cja07007 View Post
            If there is alot of bruising then you may of torn your bicep tendon. If not you probably strained it badly. I had a similar problem with my bicep and it took a while to sort out. I ended up having to go to the doctor. It is very important to stretch out that tendon as it is a nasty and common injury especially amount power lifters. It the pain does not subside soon go see a doctor.
            Yeah, every time i try to strech it out, the pain is really bad. And there is mild brusing. The pain just dosent seem to go, it's been like 3/4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
              If you just started lifting, then that's rather normal. Just make sure you are stretching, getting a lot of protein, water, potatssium in your diet.
              It was like my 3rd session of lifting. After the session, both my biceps hurt like usaul, but like 2 days later i woke up, and my left bicep was in real pain and it hurt so mcuh to stretch it out.

Comment

Any more help?

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
                  It was like my 3rd session of lifting. After the session, both my biceps hurt like usaul, but like 2 days later i woke up, and my left bicep was in real pain and it hurt so mcuh to stretch it out.
                  If it's your first time training biceps this is perfectly normal. What you are experiencing is DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) just relax. Do what I said above including getting a lot of rest and you'll be fine.

If you tore your bicep or did something detrimental to it, you'd be in so much pain you probably wouldn't even be able to type on your keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
                    If it's your first time training biceps this is perfectly normal. What you are experiencing is DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) just relax. Do what I said above including getting a lot of rest and you'll be fine.

If you tore your bicep or did something detrimental to it, you'd be in so much pain you probably wouldn't even be able to type on your keyboard.
                    Thanks Man!

Comment

Working...
                    X