Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Garcia Never Fought a True Welter, I Will Hurt Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    Doesn't hit as hard as Mathysse? Dude Diego Chavez would beat Matthysse. Thurman would destroy John Molina... Crawford is not heavier handed than Thurman.
    I don't think Diego could beat a prime Matthysse, he had his hands full with a bloated past his best Rios and doesn't have any marquee wins to date. I'm not sure where you're getting this Crawford,Molina,Thurman stuff so I'll just ignore that.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      Either you didn't watch the fight or you don't know what you were watching.

Thurman was more aggressive than Guerrero for the first 9 rounds. He fought on the backfoot from 10-12, after he somewhat punched himself out trying to finish Guerrero in the 9th. If winning 10/11 out of 12 rounds is your idea of getting your ass handed to you, you're obviously a bit slow.

Danny on the other hand fought on the backfoot for the entire fight, nothing wrong with that of course, but this is a case of seeing what you want to see. Complete delusion.

Whatever you say...This is how he looked after Gurrrero.

Comment

I agree with this assessment. Danny shows great counter defensive plays and sets them up well. Thurman is among the best and most explosive combo offensive fighters at 147, and the fact that he exploits this illustration or justification during interviews makes him a people's champ. Garcia's narrative is "whatever I gotta do to win" on the back foot, it had seemed against Guerrero who's rugid but imo no seasoned Welter. This is why I always bring up Collazo as a good matchup for Danny at 147 for marketability at the Barclays and a Southpaw whom if dropped by DSG, would prove even better things than having fought Guerrero. Collazo's hook imo is stronger than any of Guerrero's hooks.

The only thing imo, that's going to make HUGE difference is how Garcia will handle Thurman's power from both hands. That's what's going to predict if Garcia wins or not. You can't make any mistakes in Danny's defense. Garcia won't win on points if it goes the distance.
        He's also the one of the biggest if not the biggest 147lber out there.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
          I don't think Diego could beat a prime Matthysse, he had his hands full with a bloated past his best Rios and doesn't have any marquee wins to date. I'm not sure where you're getting this Crawford,Molina,Thurman stuff so I'll just ignore that.
          You said Thurman doesn't hit harder than Matthysse...

Comment

Where is your proof that he dies?

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              Where is your proof that he dies?
              Dude the whole contextual narrative is 147. You said Thurman doesn't hit harder than Matthysse. Who has Matthysse fought at 147? Those looping over hands that Molina layed on Matthysse to floor him... do you think Thurman could do as well? Why do you think I brought up those names? To top it off, Thurman and Matthysse are completely different styles. Who has Danny fought with that style at 147? The Salka move up?

Comment

The Swift counters effectively when he's in deep trouble. That's where he shines. Meaning, such cases happen only when the opponent gets careless. Thurman is not that kind of opponent.

Garcia sucks at chasing fighters and cutting off the ring. It's not likely that he will be able to trap Thurman on the ropes just like Guerrero and Porter did. Thurman is also effective fighting backwards. So I don't see any extra special advantages Garcia has in this fight, except a puncher's chance.

Thurman wins this fight.

Comment

??? BS!!!! Matthysse hits harder than Thurman by far IMO. He;s got that 1 punch KO power. Thurman just wears them down and then finishes them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    ??? BS!!!! Matthysse hits harder than Thurman by far IMO. He;s got that 1 punch KO power. Thurman just wears them down and then finishes them.
                    So basically you're describing Golovkin...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                      The Swift counters effectively when he's in deep trouble. That's where he shines. Meaning, such cases happen only when the opponent gets careless. Thurman is not that kind of opponent.

Garcia sucks at chasing fighters and cutting off the ring. It's not likely that he will be able to trap Thurman on the ropes just like Guerrero and Porter did. Thurman is also effective fighting backwards. So I don't see any extra special advantages Garcia has in this fight, except a puncher's chance.

Thurman wins this fight.
                      Thurman is also a dummy for the body blow. Garcia should be able to land his famous left hook quite often against Thurman.

50/50 fight IMO. If Garcia chases Thurman then Thurman wins easily. If Garcia stands his ground and makes Thurman come forward then Garcia wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X