Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: Golovkin Opponents B-Class; I'm A Lot Different Than That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This MF pounding his chest on the Internet, ROFL!!! BAHAHAHAHA!!! You know who the Taliban is you stupid inbred? I did 2 tours in Afghanistan pendejo, you're not impressing anybody! Some of us on here have actually boxed unlike little kids like you. Talking shiet on the internet like anyone hears you out! Quit it before I tell your mom your throwing tantrums on the internet! BAHAHAHAHA!!
    Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    The reason I can say what I want on here it's cause unlike most of you lames on here who like to run their mouth and act tough thru the internet, I actually got the balls to back up everything I say. I'm not like you punks who talk crap and not back it up. I know what I've done in my lifetime and what I've been thru and I'm one of the few who actually backs up what I say. And I would beat the **** out of you for running your mouth like a coward!
    Your just a punk ass nuttrider who swings off another man's nutts! Canelo don't need no POS belt to prove he's the man! Your boyfriend little g has a $15 million offer in front of him and he won't sign. So who's the scared one?? Yes, golden boy bumped up the offer from 10 to 15 million and he still won't sign. I guess he wants to cash out well when Canelo taps his ass! Cause after Canelo beats his ass he'll be a nobody and a punk just like you!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Your boyfriend little g has a $15 million offer in front of him and he won't sign. So who's the scared one?? Yes, golden boy bumped up the offer from 10 to 15 million and he still won't sign.
      When was the $15 million offer made? How is the offer structured? Link?

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
        I picked post-Pirog to be fair to Jacobs, and didn't try playing with the 'if you exclude this fighter or that fighter'. Just so happens there have been 12 fighters since Pirog, hence the choice in number.

You go on to play down Golovkin's opposition whiel playing up Jacob's. Once again - facts - since the 2012 Ring rankings, Jacobs will be Golovkin's 8th top-10 fighter. Meantime Golovkin will be Jacobs' 3rd (one of those 3 being Pirog).

I'm not understanding why this is a laughable attempt to save face for Golovkin when just looking at the stats behind Jacob's statement about Golovkin's opposition. The stats could have proved him right - just so happens they didn't. That's not my fault.

ps. if you DO want to only pick the last 10 fighters of each, then win ratio of Jacobs' opposition goes to 84% (not 88%), and Golovkin's goes to 93%. Same conclusion, if Golovkin's is B, Jacobs' is.....
        May 2011, Daniel Jacobs was diagnosed with his cancer; the fact that you're trying to count those first three fights of the return (which, looking through the BoxRec's, were of the "make sure that Jacobs is healthy enough to go through a full camp, and beat on a can" type fights) is pretty funny, especially with the understanding that Golovkin was 6 title defenses into his run with his interim WBA belt.

Giovanni Lorenzo, based on the timing of the fight and the folks that Lorenzo has been put in the ring with, was likely the first fight where Jacobs' camp was no longer worrying for "Jacobs the cancer survivor" and paying attention to "Jacobs the fighter"; no one is calling Lorenzo a killer, but context is key. Jacobs clearly has the biggest scalp on his ledger between the two, which helps undergird his resume.

Golovkin's resume is what it is; knocking off 4-6 guys rated #9 or #10 by Ring Magazine. Harping on the same point gets annoying, but I'm doing so to make a particular point.

Ring Magazine doesn't have historical monthly ratings available, from what I've been able to find, but the do have the annual lists:

2012 (as of 1/1/13):
        Sergio Gabriel Martinez, Champion
        Daniel Geale
        Felix Sturm
        Gennady Golovkin
        Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
        Dmitry Pirog
        Matthew Macklin
        Peter Quillin
        Martin Murray
        Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam
        Grzegorz Proksa

2013 (as of 12/13/13)
        Sergio Gabriel Martinez, Champion
        Gennady Golovkin
        Felix Sturm
        Daniel Geale
        Peter Quillin
        Darren Barker
        Matthew Macklin
        Martin Murray
        Marco Antonio Rubio
        Max Bursak
        Curtis Stevens

2014 (as of 12/31/14)
        Miguel Cotto, Champion
        Gennady Golovkin
        Peter Quillin
        Sergio Gabriel Martinez
        Daniel Geale
        Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam
        Martin Murray
        Andy Lee
        Jermain Taylor
        Billy Joe Saunders
        Daniel Jacobs

2015 (as of 12/13/15)
        Saul Alvarez, Champion
        Gennady Golovkin
        Daniel Jacobs
        Billy Joe Saunders
        David Lemieux
        Andy Lee
        Peter Quillin
        Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam
        Chris Eubank Jr
        Daniel Geale
        Michel Soro

the fact that Golovkin's resume (over a three year stretch, he was able to secure 12 fights) is even remotely comparable to Daniel Jacobs' (coming off of the cancer diagnosis, counting anything between Pirog and Lorenzo tells you nothing) is laughable, especially with the way that folks here talk up the Golovkin mystique.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
          I picked post-Pirog to be fair to Jacobs, and didn't try playing with the 'if you exclude this fighter or that fighter'. Just so happens there have been 12 fighters since Pirog, hence the choice in number.

You go on to play down Golovkin's opposition whiel playing up Jacob's. Once again - facts - since the 2012 Ring rankings, Jacobs will be Golovkin's 8th top-10 fighter. Meantime Golovkin will be Jacobs' 3rd (one of those 3 being Pirog).

I'm not understanding why this is a laughable attempt to save face for Golovkin when just looking at the stats behind Jacob's statement about Golovkin's opposition. The stats could have proved him right - just so happens they didn't. That's not my fault.

ps. if you DO want to only pick the last 10 fighters of each, then win ratio of Jacobs' opposition goes to 84% (not 88%), and Golovkin's goes to 93%. Same conclusion, if Golovkin's is B, Jacobs' is.....
          Jacobs' resume: Giovanni Lorenzo (decent guy, who gets beat by fighters who prove ability), Milton Nunez (bum; simply looking at the record outside of Columbia), Jarrod Fletcher (decent guy), Caleb Truax (decent guy), Sergio Mora (solid guy), Peter Quillin (stud), Sergio Mora (solid guy).

without actual context, you're just guessing about figures.

Comment

• i still continue to say that Jacobs 1ST ROUND STOPPAGE OF QUILLIN IS BETTER THAN ANY GGG WIN

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              ????

Your a LIL XTRA SALTY today arent you. What you SUK soo hard on your inflatable GGG Doll that his penis got detached again??? And now your PISSED because ALL the staores are closed for the Holidays and you can't get it reattached until Tuesday...

We ALL know that Jacobs wins more rounds than Lemuix did! That's a FACT!!! You want to bet on that??? I'll bet accounts on that. Loser closes their account!
              Never crossed my mind, but it seems you have a lot of experience in that detaching thingy. Good luck to you next time!

Comment

• Danny can say whatever but I know that Mora wouldn't have knocked GGG down after GGG knocked him down.

Also Jacobs rematching Mora was probably one the best decision in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  (coming off of the cancer diagnosis, counting anything between Pirog and Lorenzo tells you nothing) is laughable
                  Then don't count anything between Pirog and Lorenzo, GGG's numbers still higher than Jacobs.

How about we only count Quillin for Jacobs and Rubio for Golovkin. Got the result you're looking for now ?

And look at the list of Ring top-10 lists, spot the ones you missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by latinlingo View Post
                    Not saying he isn't #2, I'm saying given his 10 most recent opponents and a quick 1st round KO of Quillin, he hasn't gotten the best experience to prepare for GGG that's all. I honestly think Lemieux is better and has just a good enough KO ratio as Danny Jacobs. His wins against Hassan N'Dam, Glen Tapia and Gabriel Rosado were better experience fights against GGG than the 1 minute KO against the overly protected Peter Quillin. When the Latin snakes are putting you on your as for Christ sakes, you're not ready for GGG.
                    Haha good point about Mora. If Lemieux is better, we will only know in retrospect. I thought David's hand speed gave Triple G problems early. I can't really argue with your viewpoint because your right about DJ possibly not getting the best experience outside of the second Mora fight. Thats the drawback of scoring so many early stoppages. You have to imagine Gennady will be too durable to be another early KO. I think DJ can land a big shot flush. I want to see what happens after that. I think Golovkin will take it, but there is intrigue. If Jacobs gets rubber legs early it will be very telling. He has to keep from getting hurt early and put punches together for several rounds to break down Golovkin. Thats a tall order. I got Triple G by stoppage in the 8th.

Comment

• I'm not one for Triangle theories, they don't work in boxing. I do think however that GGG will KO him before the 6th simply because of Jacobs uncontrolled aggression. Again, if the Mora's of the world are putting you on your as, you have to question his ability to take GGG's punch. I think Jacobs will try to brawl once he gets checked like he did against Mora and I think that will be his downfall come fight night. Gets KO'd in 6.
                      Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                      Haha good point about Mora. If Lemieux is better, we will only know in retrospect. I thought David's hand speed gave Triple G problems early. I can't really argue with your viewpoint because your right about DJ possibly not getting the best experience outside of the second Mora fight. Thats the drawback of scoring so many early stoppages. You have to imagine Gennady will be too durable to be another early KO. I think DJ can land a big shot flush. I want to see what happens after that. I think Golovkin will take it, but there is intrigue. If Jacobs gets rubber legs early it will be very telling. He has to keep from getting hurt early and put punches together for several rounds to break down Golovkin. Thats a tall order. I got Triple G by stoppage in the 8th.

Comment

Working...
                      X