Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the higher atg? Trinidad or Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Mosley was the better fighter.

Just we need to watch the fight of both fighters with OScar, Trinidad got a gift, Mosley did a super war.
    I had Mosley losing the second Oscar fight

Comment

Mosley. Granted, his opponents at 135 weren't great, he could only beat who was in front of him and he ran right through them. His win over De La Hoya was decisive and capturing the legitimate Welterweight title, against Margarito in such a crushing manner, makes it really difficult to take it away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        I think Shane might have beat Tito (bias) but Tito was more popular.
        At 147, I think Mosley beats Tito by decision. I think Tito beats Mosley at 154 though.

As far as higher ranking on an ATG list, I lean towards Trindad, but it's close.

Comment

I don't count Trinidad's win over Dela Hoya as a real "win" because he was easily handled by Dela Hoya the whole fight, I'd have to say that Mosley has had a better career, plus Shane was a lightweight who had very good wins at 147 and 154, Tito was a big dude and also had his best days at 147 and 154, so I'd have to roll with Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            I had Mosley losing the second Oscar fight
            Even in that "loss" he did waaaay better than Tito's alleged "win", that was one of the worst decisions in the last 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
              Tito for sure IMO. Both had great careers but Trinidad was a flat out beast in his day. He got knocked down by just about everybody but he always came back except for Hopkins and Jones, but that was at the end.
              And a jump up in few weight classes.

Trinidad gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                Even in that "loss" he did waaaay better than Tito's alleged "win", that was one of the worst decisions in the last 20 years.
                That's the truth

Edit: But it's also a fight he cheated in(speaking of Mosley)
                Last edited by Rip Chudd; 12-22-2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                  And a jump up in few weight classes.

Trinidad gets my vote.
                  For me the choice is easy.

Comment

I'd go with Trinidad.

Shame they never fought it would have been awesome.

Comment

Tito and I don't see how it's close. He was the second best welterweight of the 90s and if he had stuck around at 154 he'd have been the best at that division for a long period of time. He also destroyed Joppy I think it was for part of the mw crown. Man could punch at 3 different weights. Let's not forget a subpar Tito also hung in there in a good fight against Jones at 170 or whatever.

Mosley was a big lw who had big wins against Oscar at welter and light middle but never solidified his status as THE man as losses to Forest and Wright show. If he couldn't bully someone with his size and power, he couldn't get wins.

I also think the Marg win really flatters him.

Comment

Working...
                      X