Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins should schedule a fight in Philly with a low ranked boxer and go out a winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No he shouldn't. This is the trap fighters fall into. I will keep coming back for that good win to go out on top with. Smith was a drop off from kovalev. And whether he won or lost nobody predicted a ko loss let alone one where he got knocked out the ring. What if he fights a worse caliber fighter and gets knocked out or embarrassed again? Or just loses to a scrub cause he's out worked. Boxing is littered with examples of washed up or old fighters taking what everyone thinks is a safe fight to get a win that ends in disaster and they keep chasing that win adding more Ls and embarrassing moments. Not worth it for such a all time great who has money, fame and a post fight career (part owner of a top boxing promotion, a gig calling fights on HBO).

Comment

I was surprised when the fight was announced for Los Angeles. I thought for sure Hopkins would go out in Philly. If he fights again, it better be a very low ranked contender. He didn't look that bad but he does not need to get knock out of the ring again. He is 52 years old next month. Personally, there's no harm in retiring now. Kovalev probably should have been his last fight.

Comment

It would have to be a tomato can because his legs are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He's a no name that was meant to be an easy farewell fight.

No difference except Berto's name is bigger.
          Berto is a older declined x champion. Joey again...is a young up coming fighter making waves.

big big difference. BHop could have picked a bum. This guy had no bum in him. Or aged. Or any signs of decline.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
            He did not look bad in this fight and was landing nice combo's..Joe caught him and won..But Hopkins should just have a going away fight in his hometown..Make it a 8 round fight and retire with a win
            Lol c'mon Larry. I couldnt help but chuckle when i seen the way BHop was moving. He looked very old. Those "baby steps" HBO claimed BHop was being smart for doing was sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Lol c'mon Larry. I couldnt help but chuckle when i seen the way BHop was moving. He looked very old. Those "baby steps" HBO claimed BHop was being smart for doing was sad.
              lol..yea his legs are completely shot

Comment

That didn't work out so well for Apollo Creed.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Berto is a older declined x champion. Joey again...is a young up coming fighter making waves.

big big difference. BHop could have picked a bum. This guy had no bum in him. Or aged. Or any signs of decline.
                  That's what he attempted to do. He picked him for an easy farewell fight. It's clear as day. It simply backfired.

When Nazim Richardson was asked about this fight he said "I don't know who Joe Smith is. Oscar or John David Jackson could probably beat this kid"

Hopkins went on a 10 minute rant about how he's a "common" fighter.

Hell, I didn't even know who he was until someone told me he's the guy who KO'd Fonfara.

Comment

Working...
                  X