Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Walters: Making Weight Won't Be An Issue For Lomachenko Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Walters: Making Weight Won't Be An Issue For Lomachenko Fight

LAS VEGAS As Nicholas Walters and his team prepared to leave the Top Rank boxing gym following an open workout Tuesday, they let it be known Walters was just about on weight three days early.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I am worried about this because Walters is a BIG ****ing guy for 130. He'll be as big as Salido was in the ring against Loma, and that's despite being wiry.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I am worried about this because Walters is a BIG ****ing guy for 130. He'll be as big as Salido was in the ring against Loma, and that's despite being wiry.
      I don't think there's much to worry about size-wise. Salido is a battle-hardened veteran who knows all the dirty tricks in the book, so it wasn't that surprising what he did to Lomachenko. I don't see those qualities in Walters at all.

If Lomachenko loses this fight, it'll be due to him making a small mistake and getting caught by a Axe-Man bomb. But unlike Gamboa, I don't see Lomachenko getting bored and disinterested enough for that to happen.

Comment

this is probably true but hes looking drained in interviews days before the weigh in even happens hes gonna be alot bigger then loma on fight night be curious see if he gets tired late in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          this is probably true but hes looking drained in interviews days before the weigh in even happens hes gonna be alot bigger then loma on fight night be curious see if he gets tired late in the fight
          i actually thought he didn't looked drained at all,he looks very good and ready

Comment

good no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              If Lomachenko loses this fight, it'll be due to him making a small mistake and getting caught by a Axe-Man bomb. .
              Its always a possibility, and doesn't even require a Loma mistake as such. Loma moves forward and takes calculated risks, those risks include getting caught with something if the opponent does something he doesn't expect, and Walters is good enough to do that.

I'd say its unlikely, but a definite possibility that Loma will get caught with something major.

My problem with Walters is that he's not the same guy that fought Donaire. Watch the fights, he's slowed considerably, and a lot of his defence against Donaire (where he still caught a few) was his foot movement. His foot movement with Sosa was noticeably less, which was why Sosa landed so much.

Walters isn't particularly good with the in-fighting, and Loma has shorter arms, so if he pushes Loma to the ropes, he needs to focus on hellacious body shots vs headshots, while trying to stop Loma spinning out. If he keeps it at range to try use his reach advantage, Loma's ability to slip jabs and move inside is the best in the game. Walters plants his feet to generate power in his shots, but that makes him a target when he does that, and like with Russell (supposed fastest hands in the game), Loma sees it all coming and moves to a countering position before its landed.

Tough night for Walters, if he does it, I'll be seriously impressed.

Comment

Came in UNDER 130 looked good on the scale though didn't look Drained at all surprisingly

Comment

Working...
                X