Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Bronze Bomber" Wilder vs "The Fighting Marine" Tunney in a war: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I think I accidentally chose Tunney

My answer is that it wouldn't be fair. Tunney was 190lbs, 6', same day weigh ins. Today that's a super middleweight. The real question is who wins between Tunney and Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson

Wilder is a giant compared to Tunney. Ward, Kov, Adonis are around 185-190lbs on fight night and around 6' tall. That's more of a match. Wilder slaughters Tunney
    And that would be a major accident....Tunneys defense would get him plastered by the Wilder today who is bigger and better,even with his flaws he makes Tunney look like a character out of a one to many to drink brawl like style /hands down. His point fighting run /tag and dance simply wont work with power punching Wilder,he could turn your lights oput very quickly if you don't have PROPER defense....footwork may LOOK good but against a 6'7 athletic one shot killer ,well like I sdaid it was a big mistake thinking the twinlkle towe Tunney would last with such a speedy power puncher.

Your last sentence sums this match up ...up.
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-29-2016, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      And that would be a major accident....Tunneys defense would get him plastered by the Wilder today who is bigger and better,even with his flaws he makes Tunney look like a character out of a one to many to drink brawl like style /hands down. His point fighting run /tag and dance simply wont work with power punching Wilder,he could turn your lights oput very quickly if you don't have PROPER defense....footwork may LOOK good but against a 6'7 athletic one shot killer ,well like I sdaid it was a big mistake thinking the twinlkle towe Tunney would last with such a speedy power puncher.

Your last sentence sums this match up ...up.
      I think Tunney can outwork him on the inside. Plant his feet and put his head in his chest and roll and throw.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        I think Tunney can outwork him on the inside. Plant his feet and put his head in his chest and roll and throw.
        I think many guys beat Tunney , Wilder like Fury get a vad rap when being compared to the old timers but i really dont see most doing much to either , Wilder would have a severe power advantage against a guy relatively reliant on fighters who dont have foot work ,i cant see Tunney prancing around the ring and winning here , Wilder is not an inside brawler like Dempsey hes a 6'7 lanky guy that swings fast from off center / off balance angles ,i cant see one not landing .

Comment

Freedom.

Comment

Comment

Wilder via KO in the 2nd round.. Too Big, Too Powerful for Tunney.

Comment

Strong bump.

Comment

Honestly Wilder is just to big for Tunney he would be a modern day cruiser really.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
                    Honestly Wilder is just to big for Tunney he would be a modern day cruiser really.
                    Any change of heart after tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid. View Post
                      did yall see how well wilder boxed arreola? that is slick!! wilder is the next great thing in heavyweights
                      No doubt.

Comment

Working...
                      X