Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweathers "boring strategy" debunked - Alot was learned from Broner-Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweathers "boring strategy" debunked - Alot was learned from Broner-Maidana

Maidana knocks Broner down for first time.

Maidana had been throwing left jabs and left hooks to Broners body for the majority of the fight and he had been landing successfully. I think Marcos Maidana possess a much higher ring IQ then people give him credit for, he's not a windmill KO machine. Marcos Maidana is a very clever tactician.

Maidana was popping Broner with the left jab to the body all night. The initial Left hand that put Broner down looked as if he was shooting it to the body, Broner covered up and left his chin exposed. And the last second Maidana evaluated the punch and put it flush on his jaw.

Now look at Floyd.

Floyd just takes a step back and neutralises Maidanas left hook to the body (that initially caused Broner some problems.)

This is called boxing smart. Mayweather is a master tactician.

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post

Maidana had been throwing left jabs and left hooks to Broners body for the majority of the fight and he had been landing successfully. I think Marcos Maidana possess a much higher ring IQ then people give him credit for, he's not a windmill KO machine. Marcos Maidana is a very clever tactician.

Maidana was popping Broner with the left jab to the body all night. The initial Left hand that put Broner down looked as if he was shooting it to the body, Broner covered up and left his chin exposed. And the last second Maidana evaluated the punch and put it flush on his jaw.

Now look at Floyd.

Floyd just takes a step back and neutralises Maidanas left hook to the body (that initially caused Broner some problems.)

The problem with that is a good corner man would tell his fighter when you jab he's stepping back I want you to get low and double,triple your jab then throw a light right to set up your left hook to the body Robert Garcia and Naz are hype job trainers When I trained my nephew from 05 to 09 he beat about 5 Robert Garcia boxers when he trained amateurs at La Colina boxing club. My coach Robert Coons ex Ass, Olympic coach 84 and 88 Olympics always taught me to double triple your jag to get in but make sure to stay low so your not countered it work every time I used this method and it worked every time I told my nephew to use this method to get inside to land your hooks anyone who doubts me and boxes I advise them to try it and you will see I'm right.
    Last edited by Luilun; 11-16-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I think Marcos Maidana possess a much higher ring IQ then people give him credit for, he's not a windmill KO machine. Marcos Maidana is a very clever tactician.

Last edited by UTEP; 11-16-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Now look at Floyd.

It's nice to see that you're interested in seeing how boxers adjust and the array of skills displayed by top fighters in the ring - even though I'm guessing that you chose the video clips 'off the shelf' as it where.

Floyd is undoubtedly a superb tactician, but what he's doing in both fights is a very long way from unique - a good fighter reacting in the same way to the same threat in two seperate fights simply tells us he has a sound command of boxing fundamentals.

Nonetheless - watching video to try to understand the nuances of the craft is very commendable - the thing to do though is watch a variety of different fighters and break down the different techniques they use in different situations. Where fighters do things the same, where they do things differently and to think about why. How different techniques may be more suitable for different styles and fight strategies.

It's natural to start with a favourite fighter, but when you start to look closely there is so much more of the craft being displayed in almost every top fight than is obvious on a first viewing.

The excitement and pace of a live fight (not to mention the often excessively verbose and distracting commentary) can make it very difficult to pick up much of the actual technique and skills on display, and many fights can bear several rewatchings in the sober light of day.

Comment

Floyd's "boring strategy" is not a myth. It starts before the bell rings.

Floyd looks for a fighter that is all hyped up but if you look closely at the opponent you see that hype does not necessarily translate to risky opposition.

Then the promotion makes the opponent look like a threat.
          Example: "Maidana is a KO artist"

Then Floyd removes one of the few advantages that the opponent has
          EXAMPLE: preferred punchers gloves are replaced with pillow gloves.

Funny that they promote Maidana as a KO artist then remove his gloves.

Try to debunk that my friend!

Comment

Working...
          X