No announcement yet.

Interesting read why christianity failed in japan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    So the bible is correct and ALL other religion or books about god (islam, hindu, egyptian, norse, mayan, etc..) they are all wrong. Gotha

I know the bible maybe have forgotten some stories. I was born catholic and was catholic until maybe a decade ago when i slowly realized these bible stories does not make sense at all.
    I grew up Catholic, they never went into great Biblical detail...

As I Grew Older and read the Bible for myself, I realized that Catholicism was similar to what modern-day Pharisees would be, but not that extreme...

(B.UTLER,
    You've got to read the Bible and decide for yourself...

It's like anything else, if you're going to be a doctor you have to study, otherwise you're not qualified and don't know what you're talking about...

Read the Bible, not just isolated passages here and there that others have regurgitated...
    Give yourself a chance to know God before you make any proclamations...)

Not to pick on the Catholics because I know the people Revere God greatly...
    However I don't think they know Him that closely...

Too many rituals that are the teachings of men and not the teachings of God...

The statues are a clear red flag...
    The Old Testament Tabernacle and Temple did not have statues of Adam and Eve, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Moses Etc...

So why should the modern Church have statues of the Apostles, various Saints and Mary Etc ???

They shouldn't, which doesn't mean that they don't love God... It just means that they have rituals that aren't Biblical...

I do believe that Catholics will go to Heaven based on each individual's relationship with God, not a rubber stamp to anyone professing a specific religion on the outside but are far from Christ on the inside.

The Bible doesn't teach us not to Judge, it teaches us not to condemn...
    As you can condemn, you shall be condemned.
    God is our Judge, He alone can condemn...

But it is our duty to cut off our hand if it offends us, or pluck out our eye if it offends us, better to go to heaven maimed then enter Hell whole..

This is of course a metaphor for cutting out the things in your life that cause you to falter... Be it a person, a bad habbit, a unforgiving Spirit to those who have wronged you or anything that comes between you and God and loving your neighbor as yourself...

And if praying to a statue offends you, better cut it out of your life because it can't replace God...

Do you have eyes to see you will see, and if you have ears to hear you will hear, and if you don't, you won't...

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Do not think dishonestly.

The Way is in training.

Become acquainted with every art.

Know the ways of all professions.

Distinguish between gain and loss in worldly matters.

Develop intuitive knowledge and understanding for everything.

Perceive those those things that cannot be seen.

Pay attention even to trifles.

Do nothing that is of no use.

Miyamoto Musashi.
      Go rin no sho

Comment

Christian missionaries arrived with Francis Xavier and the Jesuits in the 1540s and briefly flourished, with over 100,000 converts, including many daimyōs in Kyushu. The shogunate and imperial government at first supported the Catholic mission and the missionaries, thinking that they would reduce the power of the Buddhist monks, and help trade with Spain and Portugal. However, the Shogunate was also wary of colonialism, seeing that the Spanish had taken power in the Philippines, after converting the population. It soon met resistance from the highest office holders of Japan.
        Still no source for this interesting read?

Links butler, you know the rules.

I know more about Japanese history than you will ever know. You are such a regurgitatetor. Contextualize your statements etc.

Dayum you are ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Still no source for this interesting read?

Links butler, you know the rules.

I know more about Japanese history than you will ever know. You are such a regurgitatetor. Contextualize your statements etc.

Dayum you are ignorant.
          Its from wikipedia. Just google christianity japan

Comment

Its from wikipedia. Just google christianity japan

My buddy wrote most of googles search algorithm, so I’m very familiar with it, but I wanted the specific site, and you wrote Wikipedia.
            Ok, but you do realize that Wikipedia isn’t considered authoritative? But, Christianity was rejected for a lot of other reasons too. I’ll write more about it later, with works written in Japanese.

Comment

when you look at countries that doesn't factor religion it's usually the countries with no wars within. examples are Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Iceland...... people are just happy and living life.

but look at countries with religion. they all fucking each other up like dumb minions.

Comment

Christian missionaries arrived with Francis Xavier and the Jesuits in the 1540s and briefly flourished, with over 100,000 converts, including many daimyōs in Kyushu. The shogunate and imperial government at first supported the Catholic mission and the missionaries, thinking that they would reduce the power of the Buddhist monks, and help trade with Spain and Portugal. However, the Shogunate was also wary of colonialism, seeing that the Spanish had taken power in the Philippines, after converting the population. It soon met resistance from the highest office holders of Japan.
                No offense to the Phillipines, but if Japan had been colonized by the Spanish, it would probably be a 3rd world country, where many of its population would have to be maids, nurses, and coolies.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
                  when you look at countries that doesn't factor religion it's usually the countries with no wars within. examples are Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Iceland...... people are just happy and living life.

but look at countries with religion. they all fucking each other up like dumb minions.
                  Being strongly secular seems to be a massive help to a country's quality of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
                    No offense to the Phillipines, but if Japan had been colonized by the Spanish, it would probably be a 3rd world country, where many of its population would have to be maids, nurses, and coolies.
                    Philippines is fucked up in so many ways it's like a 7 year old kid being banged in the anus by Mandingo.

people are fanatic it's like they don't got their own identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      God gave us free will. If you debated other guys they'd tell you as much. Apparently, you know very little about God, the Bible, Judaism and Christianity.

I notice your arguments against God’s existence tend to focus on Judaism and Christianity, not Islam. Why is that Butler?

The free will that God gave us allows to sin.

How many people are killed each day around the world?

Adultery sex with someone else’s spouse or a spouse cheating on their partner. Fornication, which is sex between unmarried people, prostitution, ****ography, group sex, rape, incest, pedophilia, bestiality, and necrophilia.

Stealing someone else’s property. Cheating people of their money or property, depriving workers of their just wage, or not giving employers a full day’s work for a full day’s pay. Embezzlement, fraud, tax evasion, vandalism etc.

Honor and truth. To not to lie. Intentionally deceive another by speaking a falsehood.

Do you know the true meaning as to why Jesus died on the cross?

You don't have to be Catholic or Christian to know! I know atheist who studied Theology and knows!
                      Last edited by TJ highway; 05-23-2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X