No announcement yet.

The Loma effect turns elite fighters into cans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Loma effect turns elite fighters into cans

Russell jr - most posters ask who’s he like he don’t have the fastest hands in the sport

Walters - he was undefeated around the #8-10 ranked p4p fighter in the sport before he fought Loma and most posters thought he would school Loma but now he doesn’t even wanna fight no more.

Rigo - he’s been on most people’s p4p list since 2013 but now they’re calling him ringo and can’t remember his name and the fact they picked him once again to school Loma.

Linares - he’s a huge step up in weight and one of the best stragetical boxers in the sport who Mikey has ducked for years, but now he’s reduced to a mediocre champ.

The cycle never ends when Mikey is beat he will be known as the guy who never fought a elite and they will want Loma at welter to fight Crawford when the guys body size can’t go much further than 140. The hate will never end just emebrace the greatness It’s floyd, Pac, and ggg all over again.

HAHAHAHAHAHA @ calling Rigo Ringo I've read that too Lol. Didnt laugh like that here in weeks.

Comment

Ol' Ringo...

Comment

I dont think anyone really believes that but I think most rational posters just try to reign in the crazy over rating of lomachenko resume.

russell jr best name on his resume was TBA up to lomachenko

Walters - great fighter but boxing is what have you done lately sport and walters was out of the game for a year so was it loma or the year off?

Rigo - great freaking fighter, great win but you have to acknowledge he never fought at the weight before and hasnt since.

Linares - a fighter who was on his 2nd life in the sport he was already goingt to retire, this was his comeback streak he was on, did loma beat linares better than demarco? Thompson, Salgado?

being real about the accomplishments/wins is not hating is just being real. Lomachenko is a great fighter but chin checking his fans with facts is not hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          I dont think anyone really believes that but I think most rational posters just try to reign in the crazy over rating of lomachenko resume.

russell jr best name on his resume was TBA up to lomachenko

Walters - great fighter but boxing is what have you done lately sport and walters was out of the game for a year so was it loma or the year off?

Rigo - great freaking fighter, great win but you have to acknowledge he never fought at the weight before and hasnt since.

Linares - a fighter who was on his 2nd life in the sport he was already goingt to retire, this was his comeback streak he was on, did loma beat linares better than demarco? Thompson, Salgado?

being real about the accomplishments/wins is not hating is just being real. Lomachenko is a great fighter but chin checking his fans with facts is not hard to do.
          One thing we can both agree on is Garcia Loma will be a great fight and the winner will have to be #1 in the sport no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            One thing we can both agree on is Garcia Loma will be a great fight and the winner will have to be #1 in the sport no questions asked.
            100% that one of the big fights our sports have to look forward too. Hopefully it happens later this year *FINGERS CROSSED*

Comment

Dude this happened to most fighters. When Pac Koed Barrera at 03 he became shot at 28 years old and he was already exposed by Jones despite the fact that it was 6 years ago when he was 22 years old.

When Corrales got dominated by Floyd, Corrales was thrown under the bus and was considered a can and was never good enough to begin with because he fought no one.

I'm a Lomachenko fan but let's be real here, he's a great fighter but he's not different.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                Dude this happened to most fighters. When Pac Koed Barrera at 03 he became shot at 28 years old and he was already exposed by Jones despite the fact that it was 6 years ago when he was 22 years old.

When Corrales got dominated by Floyd, Corrales was thrown under the bus and was considered a can and was never good enough to begin with because he fought no one.

I'm a Lomachenko fan but let's be real here, he's a great fighter but he's not different.
                It’s completely not this hate of boxing talent only started around 09.

Comment

I agree. Haters make a big deal about how lousy GGG's opponents were when actually many of them were top 10 rated middleweights at the time he fought them. They have a higher standard for him than any other champion. Then when Saunders defends his title 3 times in a row against guys GGG already KOed they don't complain about that at all.Now some do the same thing to Loma by not giving him credit for his accomplishments.They want Loma and GGG to fight above their best fighting weight for only one reason. They hope they will lose to a bigger man since no boxer their weight has been able to beat them.

Comment

I don't think Linares and the word "elite" belong in the same paragraph, let alone sentence. Loma is a special fighter and anyone who knows boxing knows that just by watching him do his thing.

The Linares fight was much harder for Loma than I expected, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X