Joshua Clottey Interview--Judah Pulled Gun on him in Gleason's Gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
    Lol I remember when gbp trolled clottey about a fight with clenelo
    Apparently money was already put into place and Oscar pulled the plug on the fight at the last moment.

Comment

Man, Clottey's loss to Cotto was one of the most brutal robberies of that era. I was expecting Cotto to outbox Clottey and break him down, but holy ****.... even in NYC, I was shocked they had the balls to take that one from him.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Man, Clottey's loss to Cotto was one of the most brutal robberies of that era. I was expecting Cotto to outbox Clottey and break him down, but holy ****.... even in NYC, I was shocked they had the balls to take that one from him.
        Robbery? It was a close fight, Clottey suffered a knockdown, and threw another round away by sitting on the ropes. Clottey was right to feel hard done by with the wide scorecard (can't remember what it was) but not the decision. If you gave Clottey every close round it would be 8-4 or 115-112, so not sure where you got robbery from.

The general feeling I had was that Clottey did more damage, and won the event, but lost the fight.

Comment

Robbery? Clottey was winning until he stopped fighting and the knockdown didn't help him either.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
            phuck it! make clottey vs judah!
            Their fight wasn't even good though. It was the typical fight for both guys, headbutts from Clottey, while Zab lost and cried afterwards as usual. Lol

Comment

Robbery? Lol you guys cry robbery for anything now days. That was a close fight. He got dropped in the first round and got outworked in 2 or 3 other round in the first half. Also he had cut cotto with a headbutt and had a one eyed cotto for 3/4 of the fight and instead of taking advantage he let cotto tee off on him in the corner in some rounds and barely did anything the last 2 rounds. He could have won had he not done **** the last 2 rounds and let cotto comeback. That fight was super close and could have gone either way tbh. The knockdown was really the deciding factor.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                good interview. the type of thing boxingscene should be posting not 'wbc prez says canelos dick tasted good'
                lolol

Comment

I always wondered if Clottey was paid off against Pacquiao or what his problem was. Now I know it was a worse excuse. Screwed over by manager or not I wouldn't shell up like a hoe in my biggest fight.

Comment

Pretty bad excuse.

He couldn't catch Manny all night. He was able to sneak in a couple of punches but Pac was in-and-out, side-to-side and was relentless with his punches.

Clottey can only throw punches effectively against his opponents when they're flat-footed.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      I’d like to hear Zab’s version of what happened
                      Great minds are in the same gutter...I had the exact same thought. I have seen Zab do some crazy things...the crap game from hell stands out, but that incident sounds like it begs some more information.

Comment

Working...
                      X