No announcement yet.

Arum falling out with HBO, shows interest with Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Does anyone know what fights hbo is trying to match make?
    Ok so it s Nelson trying to match Crawford with Mattysse and Arum obviously doesn't want it

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
      Let the backpedaling begin! ... Now let's hear why Shotime is superior to HBO
      Lol you know it's coming

Comment

Well that ended quickly. Valdez on the hbo card and everything is all good in the top rank/hbo side of the boxing universe

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          He's right once again. There is a reason every major player in boxing right now, except for Canelo/Vlad (who used Floyd to get big) was brought into the pro's under Top Rank's direction. Floyd, Manny and Cotto are the top 3 in drawing power and top 10 in ability. There's a correlation there in that people like to see high level boxing not some guys fresh off the street.

They got over with people because of their ability and entertainment value. That consistently got better due to good match making and that made them more popular but more importantly better fighters. These hype trains like Danny, Leo, Broner and all these clowns are due to horrific match making. Canelo's has gotten better but him against Floyd is the definition of bad match making. You make him think he's good but he really showed, he wasn't. Mike Tyson went up a guy who wasn't scared of him and that's all it took. If I listen to anyone about matchmaking in boxing it's Arum.
          Well said.

Top Rank's match-making has always been one of the things that has set it apart from other promoters, and that's what Arum said "our ability to match make".

If HBO and Top Rank don't agree on how Top Rank should be matching their fighters, then Top Rank can look elsewhere.
          Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 06-18-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
            Well that ended quickly. Valdez on the hbo card and everything is all good in the top rank/hbo side of the boxing universe
            Speaking of that...

Steve Kim ;@steveucnlive
            My understanding is that Valdez and his team took less than their contracted minimums for an HBO fight, the exposure was key #boxing

Steve Kim ;@steveucnlive
            Top Rank/Espinoza wanted Daulis Prescott or Roman Morales with O.Valdez. But now, will stick with R.Tamayo for next week #boxing

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Fighting Bobby in court, trust me I wanna see him fighting too, especially at 135.
              Imagine if Garcia can make 135 long enough to fight Verdejo.

Comment

Working...
              X