Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinny fighters who were underdog and upset their more powerful opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not happening bubba!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Bingo!
      Lee-Korobov, Korobov was untested. Campillo-Williams Jr, Williams Jr has 3 losses, all by stoppage so idk about that one.
      Williams was undefeated and was considered big puncher when he fought Campillo. He was like a 5 to 1 favorite.

Comment

cant think of any that haven't been mentioned already.jacobs has that extra fine china chin doe! when you get dropped by mora of all people you know its real bad. I if was ggg I would blitz danny early and get him out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Jacobs is not chinny. He got caught by the perfect shot from Pirog and has a tendency to leave himself open while swining when his opponent is in trouble.
          Jacobs almost went down several times in the Pirog fight. It wasn't just the one punch.

And he has been down recently.

At the very least you have to admit he is not very durable.

Comment

Paulina Malignagi - Vyachesslav Senchenko

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
              cant think of any that haven't been mentioned already.jacobs has that extra fine china chin doe! when you get dropped by mora of all people you know its real bad. I if was ggg I would blitz danny early and get him out of there.
              That's most likely Danny's plan. Just come out and try and flurry his way to catching GGG with something in the 1st round. Same thing he did with Quillen.

Comment

Douglas had lost by KO 3x before facing and upsetting undefeated and heavily favored Tyson by KO. But Douglas wasn't exactly as chinny as Jacobs, since he was stopped late in his 2 stoppage defeats before Tyson, Jacobs seems to get dropped/stopped early.

Help, I can't think of any more.

Khan decisioned Maidana, but Khan was favored.

Trying to see an example of how someone in Jacobs shoes upset the odds in the past.
                Wlad-Peter1

Comment

Danny is a tough one to figure out. He does have a lot of power and skill, but the way he was responding to Pirog makes me wonder how he will deal with pressure. Against Pirog he started fighting so stiff, like he was panicking and just trying to keep Pirog away.

He has not fought a real pressure fighter since then, so it makes me wonder if it was just a one time thing, or if we will see more of the same.

Comment

Algieri was unknown, I don't remember people feeling he's chinny?
                    Other than that he got dropped 6 times in one fight you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                      Other than that he got dropped 6 times in one fight you mean?
                      Algieri isnt chinny, stop it buddy.

Comment

Working...
                      X