No announcement yet.

Harder Puncher Wilder or Frazier?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
    I'm sure you are likely trolling but in case you aren't you'd have to be a moron to believe this.
    You keep watching those documentaries and thinking joe frazier was a great something, probably without watching his actual fights. I find that to usually be the case. People get caught up in the "legend" but don't really sit through the slop.

I'll keep knowing an average modern LHW would dominate/embarass him. He was beyond basic. Boxing has come a long long way.
    Last edited by ////; 12-15-2016, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      You keep watching those documentaries and thinking joe frazier was a great something, probably without watching his actual fights. I find that to usually be the case. People get caught up in the "legend" but don't really sit through the slop.

I'll keep knowing an average modern LHW would dominate/embarass him. He was beyond basic. Boxing has come a long long way.
      So boxers have become better over time? If so, please explain your position.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        So boxers have become better over time? If so, please explain your position.
        If Frazier fought Wilder ,lets forget FRAZIER and actually break the fight down .

You have a slower 5'11 grinder ,of a primary weapon of a left hook that he needs to plant two feet and measure standing in front of his opponents to get settled into the actual motion of that punch to land with the most effectiveness .

You then have a 6'7 mover who likes to fight on the back foot whos primary weapon is a comatosing right hand when landed flush ,keep in mind his 5'11 target who came in face first with face over the gloves and the fact Wilder is getting maximum velocity punching straight down with speed and accuracy to a come forward target that will benefit him

Did you see the Bonevena fight where Frazier was down twice 1st rnd ?

Did you see the Mathis fight ? Mathis didnt have power being 6'3 240 but speed ,he lasted around 10/ 11 rnds just because Frazier had to deal with a sizeable mover but he stamina issues .

Did you see the Foreman fight ? He got pummeled by an actual puncher (not harder hitter than Wilder ,heavier handed though) who wasnt as fast ,long or unpredictable than Wilder .

Now lets look at the above and put this all together ,does Frazier grind Wilder down knowing from Wilder fights hes extremely good at fighting going back if need be (Frazier is 205 ) and Frazier has not one win with any power puncher (considered modern ) in his career or does a fast ,SHW get that one good shot on Fraziers chin with those 83 inch reach arms that he also punches in close effectively as well?

In a sense Frazier is fighting What would be in his era Foreman / Ali combined and would resemble Wilder a guy who boxes ,jabs ,carelessness at times with speed and raw stiff power but moves around the ring ....

Wilder would simply knock Joe out and fast .

And yes Wilder hits SIGNIFICANTLY harder than Frazier .
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-15-2016, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Wilder ko him in 5 rounds. Frazier is a small heavyweight

Comment

I cant believe no one is going for the man who beat ali.

Comment

I've seen plenty of Frazier and I'm not that impressed. Big George Foreman who crossed generations showed where Frazier's at in the game.

Top level heart, top level durability to a point, low level power, slow feet. As for the left hook, Tyson and Morrison have him beat easy. Thing about those lethal left hooks, Morrison and Tyson couldnt uncork one of any consequence against LL. The new era tall mobile fighters aren't really hanging around to eat them from the short heavys.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post

That's quite a crock of spit you're seving up. In what way has heavyweight boxing gotten better? Fighters are slower, less mobile, much less stamina, zero to little defense, hardly throw combos or work the body and fight less often against weaker comp.

Comment

Wilder has the edge in power but Frazier beats him. .he'll bob n weave his way inside behind that crab defense and unload bombs to Wilder's ribcage..he'll wear him down, middle rounds Wilder fades away and gets dominated.

Comment

I think Frazier would KO every single person on Wilder's thin resume

So who knows

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      That's quite a crock of spit you're seving up. In what way has heavyweight boxing gotten better? Fighters are slower, less mobile, much less stamina, zero to little defense, hardly throw combos or work the body and fight less often against weaker comp.
                      Oh god really, this tired argument?

Frazier would never be a "heavyweight" nowadays. Compare him to fighters his own size (chubby LHWs, small cruisers) and he is painfully slow and flat footed.

I will concede that at 5'11" he was very marginally (very marginally) faster and more athletic than say, 6'8" Mariusz Wach. And that's arguable.

Comment

Working...
                      X